SignaGraph: Say what?

That is really quite amazing having a DFX and not using the Signagraph. The signagraph is the final analysis to tell you to dig or not to dig. If your buddy will read the manual "Digging Deeper with the DFX" by Jeff Foster he will find a world of info about the DFX. Some parts of it get a bit technical but it is an excellent manual. With him having used the DFX for fours years a lot of this will be familiar and he may have to read it twice to more familiarize himself with the DFX.

BTW how do you like the Minelab and which one do you have?
Bill
I use the Minelab Se .Been using it for 2 1/2 years.love it ,Saving for E-trac Use pro coil, S.E.F 18x15 butterfly .,5 inch excelerator,sunray probe. happy Hunting

Hi everyone, I am wondering what is the preferred coil for DFX users?

I prefer to use the Eclipse 6x10 DD for most of my hunting. A great combination of sensitivity to small targets, ground coverage and depth.

I might add that the bars on the SignaGraph can be used like the "Confidence" numbers on the new Spectra V3. A single line/bar indicates a very high confidence in target ID.

Hi John,
Have you used the Minelab e-trac and Whites DFX? If so which do you prefer and why?

Bill

Hi Bill, I have used both and I have put more time on the Etrac than the DFX. I like the display on the DFX but it seems that the dual FE and CON numbers and graph on the Etrac find more than the DFX for me. I like the tones on the Etrac too. Ok take care Bill and thanks for asking. Good hunting.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

I also want to say that the FE part really probably is indicating an inductance value and not a true ferrous value. But it is a helpful indicator for me.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

I also want to say that the FE part really probably is indicating an inductance value and not a true ferrous value. But it is a helpful indicator for me.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

Hi John, the FE part is most likely indicating the amount of inductive susceptance, not inductance itself. This comes mainly from the ferrous minerals in the ground.

Hi John, the FE part is most likely indicating the amount of inductive susceptance, not inductance itself. This comes mainly from the ferrous minerals in the ground.

Hi Rudy, I'll go for that, gosh there can be so many variables involved. Thanks for the input Rudy and you can't leave the ground out of it. If you have more info on this particular subject I am all ears! Good hunting Rudy.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

John,
We have completely changed the subject of this thread hopefully the mods will allow this.
One more question. Jeff Foster wrote a very informative manual for the DFX named "digging deeper with the DFX" you may have read it. Does the e-trac have a similar book/manual?

Bill

Hi Bill, Andy Sabisch has written one on the Explorer series and the new Etrac. I have them in stock and sell them for 19.95 + 4.00 media mail. It has a lot of info and is a large paperback book. I haven't read Mr.Foster's book yet but I think I get a copy and check it out. I know the DFX has great capability and you just need to know how to manipulate the settings for the task at hand. I have a friend that is not a Whites fan but he really likes the display on the DFX. Ok Bill I will backout and good hunting to you.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

Hi Rudy, I'll go for that, gosh there can be so many variables involved. Thanks for the input Rudy and you can't leave the ground out of it. If you have more info on this particular subject I am all ears! Good hunting Rudy.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

Sent you a PM. ;)

I received a reply from Steve Howard at Whites on a question I sent him about the Signagraph. He said that it is not what the Signagraph was made for to measure the depth of a target in inches by using the the height of the bar . I wanted to share this. and everyone be cool.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

He said that it is not what the Signagraph was made for to measure the depth of a target in inches by using the the height of the bar

Whether it was "made for" or not it does work. The height does give a good indication of a targets depth. All you need to do is put a coin on the ground and see how high the bar goes. Now bury/vary the depth of the same dime and you'll see the bars height vary accordingly.

Yes I agree with you detector it is one of the best indicators of what you may have in the ground. Ok good hunting and besafe.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

Back
Top Bottom