Adult beverages

goldfingler

So any threads on best way to carry beer on the job?

Canteen
Coozie tied to belt
Flask
special hat for cans?

appropriate?
:cool:

Flask but you get the best bang for your buck if it's the hard stuff in it and thats strictly for tot lots. I drag a full sized cooler on wheels with me everywhere else. Unless of course I'm out door knocking then I will bring a pop up 10' X 10' canopy and fold out chair as well. And I ALWAYS throw the beer caps when I crack a cold one open.

:laughing: maybe I've had one to many already.....

Appropriate? Hardly. If you can't go that long without a drink, seek some help. :roll:

Really? There are times that an ice cold beer goes down exceptionally smooth after several miles of hunting. Car shows, auctions and even "Whole Foods" encourage you to enjoy a beer while shopping. Why should Detecting be any different?

Few years ago our club did a beach hunt and a beer truck was front and center. In fact, one of the "Gag" finds was a 6 pack buried in the sand with a token to redeem for a Washington Silver Quarter.

Nothing wrong with it, although a flask is not suited for beer. Anyway, as they say, enjoy responsibly.

Until my trash pouch gets full that is where my cold one resides...

Flask... BUT and I will say this twice BUT always remember that all schools and most parks prohibit alcohol so carry at your own risk.

BCD

Appropriate? Hardly. If you can't go that long without a drink, seek some help. :roll:

Agreed. Been clean and sober over 11 years. Miss it, very much so. Need it, family is more important so not at all.
If your lust for it is that strong, I can refer you for some help.

This is how the pros do it!

Attachments

• keg.jpg
    keg.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 649
Hmmmm if I was gonna drink while mding it would be a cooler in the summer, and a flask in the winter :cool:

I've tried it...but even just one can seems to fuzzy up my CPU and reduce my concentration to an unacceptable level...So I'm no good drinking and detecting....not that I wont do it, just that I'm no good at my primary objective!

That said, I can sit here and have a fwe and stll tipe! :laughing:
Mud

Really? There are times that an ice cold beer goes down exceptionally smooth after several miles of hunting. Car shows, auctions and even "Whole Foods" encourage you to enjoy a beer while shopping. Why should Detecting be any different?

Few years ago our club did a beach hunt and a beer truck was front and center. In fact, one of the "Gag" finds was a 6 pack buried in the sand with a token to redeem for a Washington Silver Quarter.

Nothing wrong with it, although a flask is not suited for beer. Anyway, as they say, enjoy responsibly.

I didn't say anything wrong with have a drink, but again, if someone has to carry it around with them at all times, it's not just enjoying an occasional cold one.

Is this something we want to promote here? Detectorist walking around drinking and swinging? What kind of public image is that?

Don't confuse this with a store or auction who WANT you to be impaired and spend more of your cash with them.

It is written: "For him that is without sticks, cast the first stone"

Funny thing about Humans, World Wide, they generally find something to smoke or drink...

I like finding beer caps, pulltabs, and cig butts!..Sure sign of Humans up to what they do...

Lotsa gold gets lost when a Human dont know if they are coming or going!..:laughing:.
Mud

Also, keep in mind, the most important thing is..

You must "pre-game" properly too...

<°)))>{

Agreed. Been clean and sober over 11 years. Miss it, very much so. Need it, family is more important so not at all.
If your lust for it is that strong, I can refer you for some help.

Congrats Joee, my girlfriend and I were very happy at Happy Hours . We decided to have a child , we both agreed ,for us it was best to focus on family . Interesting you said 11 years sober ;I was driving and saw a beer billboard , a feeling came over me when I realized the desire was no longer lingering inside . It's hard to express the feeling of relief combined with knowing I'm in control , until then I was trying to decide when it was when I would have a beer. That was around the 11 year mark . I began to really enjoy being at parties , family get together's , found out I could laugh, argue get stupid with out any help from a few too many . Until then I felt ashamed being the guy who did not drink , now I'm proud to be the Designated driver for you or your kids .
HH

Congrats Joee, my girlfriend and I were very happy at Happy Hours . We decided to have a child , we both agreed ,for us it was best to focus on family . Interesting you said 11 years sober ;I was driving and saw a beer billboard , a feeling came over me when I realized the desire was no longer lingering inside . It's hard to express the feeling of relief combined with knowing I'm in control , until then I was trying to decide when it was when I would have a beer. That was around the 11 year mark . I began to really enjoy being at parties , family get together's , found out I could laugh, argue get stupid with out any help from a few too many . Until then I felt ashamed being the guy who did not drink , now I'm proud to be the Designated driver for you or your kids .
HH

Well my decision was a simple one to make. Forfeit my job, (I retire in 39 working days), possible loss of family, (celebrated our 18th Anniversary last week). Or just quit, which I did.
Ive been called many names since then. By friends, family or strangers I've met while out to dinner. Taking car keys when I deem appropriate has caused a lotta grief initially. But the next morning or day I'm thanked whole heartedly for what I done. Several acquaintances even send me thank you cards saying if it wasn't for me they would not have seen an event, celebrated a special event, or doing some hard time in the confines of a jail cell.
Miss it? Absolutely.

Hey I like Trolls , they can stir up some good conversation , Plus you get to know a lot about other poster's when they get excited .
Here is my take onthe thread . I do not have a problem with anyone enjoying a day out with a MD , having a drink . We would not think twice about people playing horse shoes , football, softball, golfers or any other activity. Like others have said you may not be at your best , that's your decision on how serious you take a the hobby . If you over indulge you will probably leave a trace just like the others with there activities . Enjoy your self , the fanatics can suck eggs !
HH

I almost never drink when I am not at home. Why? Well... I'm already down one eye, and less that 50% vision in the remaining eye, my balance isn't so hot, and if I'm detecting, my ears are busy... why mess up what FEW senses I already have going for me! :D

Our neighbor moved and bequeathed me two Sam Adams ales and a Blue Moon Pumpkin ale, so I cracked one of the Sammies and had it. Nice. But the remaining two will probably be around for months and months before I get round to 'em.

As for how to carry while detecting... *shrug* I'd strongly recommend jusdt keeping it in the bottle/can. Canteens and thermoses are not designed to carry carbonated beverages. You're likely to have an explosion... a very hoppy one.

Sage(Jober as a sudge)Grouse

Back
Top Bottom