Garret carrot question

tomcat141

For those using the Garrett carrot, have you had falsing when putting pressure on the tip or the side when probing? I am not talking about using it as a digging tool, but just sifting through loose dirt or probing the plug. I see that done all the time on You tube videos.

Still trying to decide between the Carrot and the Whites TRX.

I haven't yet and I'm pretty rough on mine. I wrapped the tip with a small plastic top. I have noticed that it picks up better if I point straight down and apply a small amount of pressure vs on its side or just above ground.

BCD

Yes mine behaves just like that. When it does or behave erratic or constant falsing, unscrew the battery cap, remove the battery and put it all back again. Solves the problem for mine for at least a few hunts until it happens again. A bit irritating but still prefer the carrot over other pinpointers.

Nope, but the battery that came with mine only lasted one 4 hour hunt. New battery has been going strong for many many hours.

RReahard

The Trx is 2nd, I like it to, the Carrot is a tad more hand friendly, the TRX was my last purchase before I bought the Carrot , I find my self hunting with the Carrot on the last 10 hunts, happy hunting , Earl

No problem with mine. Dip it in a can of plasti dip if you push dirt with one.

x2 on the PlastiDip. That's what I did with mine.

I've had no issues with falsing, either with my original ProPointer or my current ProPointer AT.

Attachments

• pp2.JPG
    pp2.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 374
I love everything about the carrot this is my 3rd one and all have worked flawlessly. I also add protection but this is duct tape :D I use the lighter to hear the tape so the glue really bonds...believe it or not this is my first time using duct tape I usually use gorilla tape which Is much thicker. Haven't had an issue with the gorilla tape. Good luck you will love it!

Attachments

• 20160512_182532.jpg
    20160512_182532.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 357
No problem with mine. Dip it in a can of plasti dip if you push dirt with one.

Sounds like a great idea. I can think of a lot of other things that would benefit from the plastic dip. I need to find some of that.

Can't wait to get my carrot. My cardiologist claims I need more veggies anyway.;)

I love everything about the carrot this is my 3rd one and all have worked flawlessly. I also add protection but this is duct tape :D I use the lighter to hear the tape so the glue really bonds...believe it or not this is my first time using duct tape I usually use gorilla tape which Is much thicker. Haven't had an issue with the gorilla tape. Good luck you will love it!

Thanks. Looking forward to getting it.

Back
Top Bottom