My Letter to Minelab: FINAL UPDATE!!! (Posted at End of Thread)

Since Kellyco sponsors the findmall forum, I really think you need to copy this message and post it there. Let all of that publicity sink in......ill be sure to post my response letter there too.

Unfortunately the Findmall forum will delete your post and you'll get a warning. Don't ask me how I know.:D

Have you called Ikelite? Sometime back on one of the forums there was a discussion about these and the guy contacted them with the part number and they had them. That one shown by Doug will work. Ive had an aquasound those are tough connectors...... higher quality than the plastic IMO.

I see a FORM LETTER coming from some clerk in SVC.:lol:

Try this......... for the price it might just work:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IKELITE-SUB...834576?hash=item2a7a8f3f10:g:o1gAAOSw6DtYTfW2

your elec guru might take a look and its at a reasonable price.

Dew

Last edited:
Have you called Ikelite? Sometime back on one of the forums there was a discussion about these and the guy contacted them with the part number and they had them. That one shown by Doug will work. Ive had an aquasound those are tough connectors...... higher quality than the plastic IMO.

I see a FORM LETTER coming from some clerk in SVC.:lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IKELITE-SUB...834576?hash=item2a7a8f3f10:g:o1gAAOSw6DtYTfW2

Dew
Yeah, Dew I did call Ikelite. I mentioned it in the letter that I posted. Thanks for the listing I will look into it.

Last edited:
It has occurred to me that this is becoming the equivalent of an online scavenger hunt :lol:
Hey were supposed to be treasure hunters.
In all serious though I have been eyeing excal or 3030 to add to my arsenal but with these kind of issues????

Unfortunately the Findmall forum will delete your post and you'll get a warning. Don't ask me how I know.:D

Not to jack the thread but yes findmall is a very heavily censored website. Once had a problem with a scoop and the welds of one of their sponsors.
so in a thread discussing scoops I posted a pic.
As soon as members began posting " hey that looks like a diamond head" they saw this instead " hey that looks like a @@@@@@@@@"
The members were then posting " what happened to my post" Too funny.
I was able to warn members about quality issues and censorship with 1 picture.
Soooo going the findmall route may require some creativity:lol:

Great letter Felix!

I have been following all these huge delays and back logs in getting a ML detector repaired. I don't understand why ML can't do something like franchise out the repair service to more locations?!? It could be for out of warranty, or both!

I talked to ikelite today. They said they no longer make the two pronged ones. They said they were the only one who made them for the detector. So I have no idea where ML may now get them. They have a 5 prong now for the strobes.

Today I learned that you are 100% correct. Add the "fact" they aren't the only forum either.

Try to do something to help out others and you complained about.

I sent a email to minelab on Sunday about having my machine looked at and get it repaired. And I got a response that next morning. After get my RMA email I sent it off though my job via ups. It got delayed, because of the address. So I sent another email to the same lady about the problem. She admitted it was her fault, she asked for the tracking number and said she would take care of the problem I was having. They got the package the next day. So far I had no big problem with there service. And had only quick reply on all my emails. Am pretty happy with there service so far. Just my opinion. They sale detectors and service. There not in the Business of selling parts .

I sent a email to minelab on Sunday about having my machine looked at and get it repaired. And I got a response that next morning. After get my RMA email I sent it off though my job via ups. It got delayed, because of the address. So I sent another email to the same lady about the problem. She admitted it was her fault, she asked for the tracking number and said she would take care of the problem I was having. They got the package the next day. So far I had no big problem with there service. And had only quick reply on all my emails. Am pretty happy with there service so far. Just my opinion. They sale detectors and service. There not in the Business of selling parts .

Parts for customers to buy so that they can keep their machines running is part of "sales & service". Just like car companies and many other products.

No joke. From mine and my friends repair experiences, youll likely do a better job repairing it yourself. Im actually repairing the ML repair centers repairs. Pretty sad.

Thanks Dew!

Dew

Dew, thanks for the suggestion to this! I made the seller a lower offer and got it with shipping under $30. It might even be less as I offered to him to keep the strobe housing in exchange for some money refunded on the shipping so we'll see. The connector looks exactly the same. I'm still waiting for Minelab's invoice and will purchase one from them as well. Then I'll have an extra in the future.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 180
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 277
Lucky purchase there for sure. I contacted Ikelite and a couple of camera places on line who showed those style of underwater strobe connectors. They no longer carry them. Tech has upgraded. So if ML isnt ordering them by the crates.....think we will see some form of NEW battery connector in the future? A company will only make something if its profitable to do..... and Ikelite is the SOLE producer and arent selling them anymore....... or at least to the public.

Dew

Yeah...me thinks we maybe out of luck. I work in a dive shop, and we ARE an Ikelite dealer...and even I can't get them.
SOMEONE...is making them tho...has to bhe an aftermarket supplier given that they are available with the charger packs. If we can figure out WHO..maybe we could put together a group buy direct thru the actual manufacturer...shot in the dark, but worth looking into.

ag

Tech has upgraded. So if ML isnt ordering them by the crates.....think we will see some form of NEW battery connector in the future? A company will only make something if its profitable to do..... and Ikelite is the SOLE producer and arent selling them anymore....... or at least to the public. Dew

Funny how technology for cameras gets upgraded but on a $1,600 detector it doesn't. I don't think Ikelite is making them but see below...

Yeah...me thinks we maybe out of luck. I work in a dive shop, and we ARE an Ikelite dealer...and even I can't get them.
SOMEONE...is making them tho...has to bhe an aftermarket supplier given that they are available with the charger packs. If we can figure out WHO..maybe we could put together a group buy direct thru the actual manufacturer...shot in the dark, but worth looking into. ag

Doug posted a link on page 1 of this thread to a British camera shop that seems to be selling a similar Ikelite connector. Maybe they would be willing to furnish who their supplier is?

There most like is either a company that is making them now. Easy way would be to look an the connector to see if it has the company name. Another possibility is that minelab may have gotten info from ikelite that they were doing away with the connector and minelab bought a huge lot of them at a discounted price. The company that makes the machines I work on does that quite often

Ikelite assured me they were the ONLY ones who made them. He said there mat still be some out there for those older strobes..... but here in the states better cheaper IP 5 pronges are now used. Mostly because of the fiber optic and lighting used.

Back
Top Bottom