Adult beverages

Nothing wrong with having a drink if you want one, and its not illegal to do so.

When I detect my fields, I carry a couple of cold beers in my pack. Same as when I video deer during the summer.

Don't understand what the problem is.

I remember having beer vending machines in our barracks day room here in the states, and our unit in Germany had its own fully stocked bar, available to all shifts.

Much of the dislike for it seems to be cultural. In Germany, for example, it is not uncommon to see beer consumed as a breakfast beverage, and during breaks throughout the day.

I remember on some busses and street cars, the driver had a big bucket filled with beer and ice for the passengers who wanted to enjoy one.

Don't want to drink? Personal choice.

Want to drink? Personal choice.

I remember having beer vending machines in our barracks day room here in the states, and our unit in Germany had its own fully stocked bar, available to all shifts.

Much of the dislike for it seems to be cultural. In Germany, for example, it is not uncommon to see beer consumed as a breakfast beverage, and during breaks throughout the day.

I was stationed in Bremerhaven. I loved the beer in the vending machine right outside of my room. Getting a beer at McDonald's was different too.

In Germany, for example, it is not uncommon to see beer consumed as a breakfast beverage, and during breaks throughout the day.

This part of your post jumped out at me.

When I was stationed with a small detail up in Todendorf, Germany which is on the coast north of Hamburg and east of Kiel. We were building an addition to a Comm Bldg on a NATO base we and the Germans manned to listen to the then USSR.

Anyhow, I had to take the dump truck to a German quarry for a load of rock. Got my truck loaded when the Geman operator of the quarry motioned for me to come into his work shack and insisted I have a morning beer with him! Mind you, this was like 7AM! Nothing like a warm/strong German beer at that time of the morning!:beers:

Got most of my drinking out of my system when I was still in the Air Force stationed over in England. I made it a point there to keep as little blood in my alcohol stream as possible. Case a day kept the flu bug away. Came back to the states after 3 years and amercian beer just tasted like water after that and the imports were just to expensive. Did brew a little of my own for awhile but haven't done so in a few years. Now on the rare occasion I go out somewhere for dinner I may get a beer or 2 but that's about it. It's been probably 5 years since I've even had a buzz going.

Nothing wrong with having a drink if you want one, and its not illegal to do so.

When I detect my fields, I carry a couple of cold beers in my pack. Same as when I video deer during the summer.

Don't understand what the problem is.

Well, the problem is that a lot of people think it's their job to judge others and "help" them by telling them what they should and shouldn't do. People on high horses are the ones who have problems with themselves and want to push it off on the "lesser" people. Think I'll crack a nice oatmeal stout and dig some zincolns...:D

Well, the problem is that a lot of people think it's their job to judge others and "help" them by telling them what they should and shouldn't do. People on high horses are the ones who have problems with themselves and want to push it off on the "lesser" people. Think I'll crack a nice oatmeal stout and dig some zincolns...:D

Well said.... "Mind your own business and you won't be minding mine "...Hank Williams Jr....do what makes you happy..life is short

A small cooler and an insulated coffee mug. I myself would never walk around with a can in my hand in a public area or be intoxicated. When I do have a few the wife drops me off and picks me up. Any person stumbling around in public is a poor image.

Back
Top Bottom