Would I bennifit from a 7" coil?

bdemutis

I was thinking about getting a 7" coil for my fisher f22. I was wondering if it would be worth it? I noticed the places I hunter have had allot of trash. Also I noticed underground utility lines for lighpoles and also giving me some interference. I was thinking a smaller could would maybe give me better target id and depth.

I cannot say for sure about your machine, but I can assume that a smaller coil on your machine will definitely improve the performance in trashy areas.
I use the 5x8 on my PRO and I cannot tell you how well it works in trashy curbstrips:yes:

I cannot say for sure about your machine, but I can assume that a smaller coil on your machine will definitely improve the performance in trashy areas.
I use the 5x8 on my PRO and I cannot tell you how well it works in trashy curbstrips:yes:
I guess it doesn't hurt to give it a go.

I for one have two or three different size coils for each of my detectors. IMHO one size coil is not ideal for all hunting situations. Also, I like having a spare coil in case one breaks. GL and HH. Matt

7" coil is very economical but it's not a lot different than the stock 9" teardrop in terms of emi and separation. A little better and excellent coil but the 9" is very good as well. Now in the 5" range you would notice tighter separation. EMI a smidge better but not a lot. Look for a deal on used NEL Sharp, Snake, or fisher/tek 5" dd greek coil. All are pretty pricey new comparatively to the 7" or machine itself.

7" coil is very economical but it's not a lot different than the stock 9" teardrop in terms of emi and separation. A little better and excellent coil but the 9" is very good as well. Now in the 5" range you would notice tighter separation. EMI a smidge better but not a lot. Look for a deal on used NEL Sharp, Snake, or fisher/tek 5" dd greek coil. All are pretty pricey new comparatively to the 7" or machine itself.
The nel sharp isn't that bad in price I guess for the 9.5" x 5.5" I found it for $115 same with the Nel snake. I guess it would be worth investing in one of them at $115

The nel sharp isn't that bad in price I guess for the 9.5" x 5.5" I found it for $115 same with the Nel snake. I guess it would be worth investing in one of them at $115

the sharpshooter is the same size at the stock teardrop just a DD.

Sharp is 5" round.

Yeah there not too bad new in price. If you want to save a few more bucks pm me. But getting one cheaper used is still usually a good bet.

the sharpshooter is the same size at the stock teardrop just a DD.

Sharp is 5" round.

Yeah there not too bad new in price. If you want to save a few more bucks pm me. But getting one cheaper used is still usually a good bet.
Ok I'll have to wait on it for now but in the future I'll be sure to give you a shout.

Back
Top Bottom