2 for 2....This is getting ridiculous...

Beefcake

Elite Member
Got out for my second outing of the year today...I went back to a house I first detected when I just got my DFX... I figured a little more knowledge under the belt might help find some things I missed before... I got a total of 5 wheaties today, no silver.... I found this neat looking disc that opens up with a hinge... Curiosity was killing me, so I used a pocket knife and opened it up... It's a Luxor powder compact...I'm guessing ~1940's range... It gave a signal like a 50cent piece... I like it... The lot next to my buddy's place is empty, the house had burned down a few years ago, so I figured what the heck! I started in the front of the lot and did the curb strip, but no luck... I switched to the front walkway, which would have led to the front steps and I put my coil to the ground....It went off pretty good, I moved my coil and directly below it on top of the ground sat something goldish in color.... hmmmmm, I didn't think it was real at first, but there sat a really nice gold ring!!!! I picked it up and it has 3 small diamonds on it too!!! wooohoo! It's 10k, but It's gold and I'll take it!!!! I can't imagine that I've hit gold rings on my first two hunts of the year... I didn't find a gold ring in the dirt all of last year!
compactnwheats.jpg

compact.jpg

festigold.jpg

no gold last year then.....This must be the year of THE BEEF CAKE. Keep it going HH

WTG Beefcake! Does your 250 get any attention at all anymore? I think you're making great finds because you're out there doing the work! Congratulations! :tumble:

My brother has pretty much taken control of the Ace250... He has a Prism II, but likes the Ace250 better... It's my backup if something should happen to my DFX...

Back
Top Bottom