Gold #26 (Cartier)

Joshc214

We've had a couple days with solid offshore winds keeping the ocean flat. I managed to get out a couple times earlier this week without much luck. It's been really sanded in at just about every location.

Decided to get in another hunt today, low tide was at 8am so I got in the water at 9 and worked my way through til low tide. The location I went to today was sanded in worse than the other places earlier in the week. Because of this I stayed really close to the first drop/trough. After 3 hours I found 10 pull tabs, a few bottle caps and a couple pennies. Aggravation set in and I decided to hike along the beach and see if I could find any signs of a deeper trough. After about a 2 mile walk I came across a deeper section in the first drop off, there were a lot of people swimming in this area so I knew it had potential. First few finds were all heavy items (quarters & nickles). After gridding the drop off for 10 minutes I hit a solid high tone. When I went to dig it up a kid on a boogie board hit my back throwing me off the target lol took a second to re-find the target... once I located it again I dug it up in one scoop and saw yellow!!!

A quick inspection on the beach and I saw the cartier inscription... I've found fake cartier rings, but I knew this one was legit, had a lot of weight to it and all of the markings were there. When I got home I acid tested it just to make sure and it passed 18k. This is my third big find in the past 2 weeks.. first the tiffany & co, then the david yurman ring, now this guy :)

It measures 5.5mm which checks out as the Cartier Love Ring specs:
http://www.cartier.com/en-us/collections/jewelry/categories/rings/love/b4084600-love-ring.html

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1491679760994.jpg
    FB_IMG_1491679760994.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 420
  • FB_IMG_1491679754289.jpg
    FB_IMG_1491679754289.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
I recovered that exact same ring for a Chinese girl college exchange student a couple of years ago. It's called the love design. She said her mother gave it to her when she left China. After she took me out to dinner I asked her if she told her mother about losing it. She said embarrassedly only after she got the ring back. She said her mother couldn't believe that an American man would do that. I laughed and said we'll convert them one person at a time. That made it all worthwhile.

I recovered that exact same ring for a Chinese girl college exchange student a couple of years ago. It's called the love design. She said her mother gave it to her when she left China. After she took me out to dinner I asked her if she told her mother about losing it. She said embarrassedly only after she got the ring back. She said her mother couldn't believe that an American man would do that. I laughed and said we'll convert them one person at a time. That made it all worthwhile.

Cool story, bet she was happy when you returned it... I like the design. They make bracelets with this same pattern, wouldn't mind finding one of those some day.

I am sure glad you and your persistence is not in my Michigan water. Very nice snag on that one. Congrats

Lol, thanks scuba! I need to get certified so I can give diving for gold a shot. Looks like fun... that's an entirely different ball game though. I'm sure your gold would be safe if I lived up there :D

:dingding: You do know there are limits set by the State of Florida to how much gold a pirate can get weekly and monthly right? I think you need to stop now until about late October so that you don't get reported.

Great dig... WTG on that one. Have you tried locating the owner? LOL.

philo

No inscriptions on this one.. looks like I'll be forced to be the new owner :)

That's a Very Nice Gold!! Wow!!

Thanks obn!

Very nice ring and info on the design , congrats all , ,,,,,HH

Thanks Ricki!

:dingding: You do know there are limits set by the State of Florida to how much gold a pirate can get weekly and monthly right? I think you need to stop now until about late October so that you don't get reported.

:laughing: I think they up'd the limit recently to 5 gold rings per week

very nice find in what seems to be aheckofa hot streak, keep it going!!!!

sheesk I bet that looked good dingling around in your basket. Great pix !

Back
Top Bottom