Civil War Artillery Button

rob.ream258

Elite Member
During lunch I went back to the same park that I found yesterday's round ball. The park very well groomed, grass is always perfect, and a crew maintains the 200+ year old oak trees. The trees are even numbered and new ones are planted when a storm takes one down. As for the MDr traffic... this park has been pounded. I normally find a couple coins during a 1hr lunch hunt and often strike out. After 4 months I've found 2 silver dimes and a heavy cameo with the front worn down. Granted the park IS prime hunting grounds and there are good finds still there but are 10+ inches down. Most the stuff is masked by mine fields of can slaw and thick iron so there is a ton of swinging and little digging.

Today was the exception... 10 inches down was a repeating tone that jumped consistently from mid to high. I've learned how relics sound so there was a good chance of getting something old. The signal was 5 feet away from a huge oak but I was lucky not to a huge root blocking the target. First cut 5-7 inches.... nothing from the carrot.... second got me close enough to locate it. Next huge scoop removed it but blended perfectly in the dark soil. The carrot found it but it was still encased in 200 years of dirt.... Finally revealed... old old button with an eagle..... Google revealed the rest....

20170407_194220.jpg

I commute to work so these next few days will be on the beach. Monday on my lunch break I'll be under the oak trees...

GL & HH

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom