Good things CAN happen at McDonalds!!!!!

Midknight

Elite Member
My Mom went to a McDonalds by her work to get lunch this morning and this is what the cashier offered her:shock::shock:

Apparently, while my Mom was waiting for her order to come through, the cashier all of a sudden stuck up her hand with the silver dollar in her hand and said, "Does anybody want this?":yes: After a few seconds of thinking about it (I know, shoulda dove for it as soon as she saw it:D) my Mom walked over and said "One dollar coin, right? Only want one dollar for it?"

"Yup."

As she was walking away from the cashier with her food some raggedy looking guy asked, "Is that a silver dollar? Can I look at it?"

"No, its one of those Bicentenial dollars." And she didn't let him touch it.

Funny thing was, she didn't realize it was a silver dollar until she got back to her school and one of her coworkers told her to read what it said on the reverse. DUH!!!!:roll:

So, today's score, thanks to Mom's quick action is 1 oz of silver. WOOOOOTT!!!

This experience just goes to show that anything can happen while you are buying a large fry.:laughing: Of course, it helps when the cashier practically waves the coin in front of your eye.

Keep your eyes open for the silver everyone... it can come from anywhere!

Unfortuantely for me, she is keeping it for now.:lol:

Attachments

• silver coin 006.jpg
    silver coin 006.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 662
  • silver coin 011.jpg
    silver coin 011.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 636
  • silver coin 014.jpg
    silver coin 014.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 625
  • silver coin 020.jpg
    silver coin 020.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 645
Congratulations ...... That's a great find and i believe (not sure) but it should be worth between $30-$35. That's a good day!:grin:

Omg how would anyone mistake that for spending money. :lol: Those things are huge! Looks like it wasn't the first transaction either judging from the shape the coin's in.

Wait.. I'm a bit confused here. Isn't that a 1 oz .999 silver round.. AKA silver bullion. It's not actually a silver dollar is it? I mean.. it has no face value as an official coin right?

Nic it is Bullion. While NIFC it does have a commerce value of $1. Obviouslly the only person who would use it for it's commerce doesn't understand the bullion value.

The crazy thing is that from the looks of it, it's been circulating for at least a little while. There are several spots on it which are starting to show wear.

Omg how would anyone mistake that for spending money. :lol: Those things are huge! Looks like it wasn't the first transaction either judging from the shape the coin's in.

Yeah, it's definitely been around the block more than once.:yes:

That's great!

On a side note, yesterday McDonalds announed their quarterly results. They were outstanding and blew through all the analyst's expectations. As a McDonalds stock holder that was great news for me. :D

That an American Silver Eagle, a full Troy ounce of silver. And as SpringCreek said never meant for circulation. Obviuos a really dumb thief spent it as a dollar.

Either someone stole it to spend it as a dollar, or they did not have a clue what it was worth, but who cares! It's a troy ounce of silver for a buck! Way to go bud!

Wonder if it was from this guy. :) Looks like someone took him up on his offer. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYNsn7ggEW0

That was a good video but it was a way newer and in much better condition coin (than the picture above) that she refused for paper note instead. He's going to try the same experiment with a gold coin next that's worth about $1700.....Nice to be rich enough to do experiments like that.
Joe

Wow - nice Eagle! Guess it's time to stop using the plastic credit card and going to cash - and do a quick scan of the cash drawer when it's open!

TB

Back
Top Bottom