EuroTekPro Pinpointer

stingray

Elite Member
ETP user just wanna ask you guys if you happened to encounter this slight glitch in pinpointing. the sound will break or chatter even if you are on top of your target.
usually this unit emit loud continous tone when pinpointing. I noticed mine is behaving like this occationally.
the battery is still okey I double check it, it is not low bat.
so my question is, does your ETP or those Greek series machine do the same thing?
my unit is still less than a month and never been abused. just wondering. thanks

-stingray-

My pinpoint button has been acting up on me lately. I really have to press hard, or find the sweet spot to get it to work. It will be going to Texas at the end of this season.

My Eurotek Pro nulled quite a bit when using the pinpoint button and I had to release the button and try again sometimes more than once while it tried to retune. It wasn't really that much of a problem because it is really easy to pinpoint without the pinpointer, but it is annoying when trying to check a deeper target and when you have a new detector, you want it to perform correctly.

Didn't want to send it to Fisher because I didn't have a backup so I bought a used one for backup. When I got the used ETP the pinpointer function on it worked perfectly, so I went ahead and sent the new one with 5yr warranty to Fisher for repair. When I got it back from Fisher it worked perfectly. They replaced the pinpointer membrane switch.

In the meantime, I have heard of other people having this problem and wanted to let you know what the cause is.

etp user just wanna ask you guys if you happened to encounter this slight glitch in pinpointing. The sound will break or chatter even if you are on top of your target.
Usually this unit emit loud continous tone when pinpointing. I noticed mine is behaving like this occationally.
The battery is still okey i double check it, it is not low bat.
So my question is, does your etp or those greek series machine do the same thing?
My unit is still less than a month and never been abused. Just wondering. Thanks

-stingray-

mine has started to act a little funny also i think. Seems like i have to move off the target and then back on it after releaseing the pinpoint button then depress it again. I have to do this because it stops imitting a tone

i can see this is common problem to this machine.
i will send mine for repair after the hunting season - winter that is!

i don't have back up machine and i hate to have down time...

good thing i mention this problem here in the forum so other would-be buyers will be aware. not that you cant detect without the pinpointer. ETP is a good hunting machine for newbie.

My Eurotek Pro nulled quite a bit when using the pinpoint button and I had to release the button and try again sometimes more than once while it tried to retune. It wasn't really that much of a problem because it is really easy to pinpoint without the pinpointer, but it is annoying when trying to check a deeper target and when you have a new detector, you want it to perform correctly.

Didn't want to send it to Fisher because I didn't have a backup so I bought a used one for backup. When I got the used ETP the pinpointer function on it worked perfectly, so I went ahead and sent the new one with 5yr warranty to Fisher for repair. When I got it back from Fisher it worked perfectly. They replaced the pinpointer membrane switch.

In the meantime, I have heard of other people having this problem and wanted to let you know what the cause is.

This sounds kind of like what mine is doing. It won't stay in pinpoint mode. It will flash two letters, then go back to regular mode, and I'll have to press pinpoint again. I have to be quick on the target with it to pinpoint before it cycles back out of pp mode again. This is especially frustrating, since I don't own a regular pinpointer yet. I guess I better go ahead and get my warranty registered and prepare to send it back this winter. RATS! I thought it was the machine, but this is my first one, so I wasn't sure. :mad:

Another thread on Eurotek Pro pinpoint problem. My 2017 purchase had same problem.

Back
Top Bottom