Tesoro Mojave - First Hunt With This Detector

beephead

Elite Member
I thought that I would tryout my new detector today see how it would do. Since it should excel as a jewelry detector I headed out to a nearby park. There's about a 50 yard section of sidewalk that I've detected along the edge of several times, so this should be a good test for the Mojave. I set the discrimination just high enough to discriminate out a nail and was able to run the sensitive to its fullest without any chatter whatsoever. That's amazing because this park is loaded with EMI.

My first target's audio was kind of broken sounding, but I wanted to see what were there. I dug down and popped a clad dime. I scanned the hole again and got a good audio signal and popped a junker ring that was just a few inches way from where I received the clad dime. This dog can hunt!

I worked the whole 50 yard sidewalk section on both sides and found several pieces of jewelry and to my surprise numerous clad coins that I somehow missed before. Also I found 9 nickels. This detector loves low conductors and small targets.

After finished up detecting along the sidewalk I left went to a couple of permissions that I've detected before. I managed to find 2 Rosie dimes, 3 Wheat Pennies and a War Nickel. The 2 Rosie dimes came out of the same hole. I popped the first silver dime, I covered up the hole, but check it again with the detector and got another good audio signal, so I dug again and found the second silver dime.

I really like this detector a lot and it's going to get a lot of use. It's way better than the Silver µMax and Compadre combined.

beephead

Attachments

• Mojave First Hunt 001.jpg
    Mojave First Hunt 001.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 1,884
  • Mojave First Hunt 002.jpg
    Mojave First Hunt 002.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,745
  • Mojave First Hunt 003.jpg
    Mojave First Hunt 003.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,796
  • Mojave First Hunt 004.jpg
    Mojave First Hunt 004.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 1,874
  • Mojave First Hunt 006.jpg
    Mojave First Hunt 006.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 1,842
  • Mojave First Hunt 007.jpg
    Mojave First Hunt 007.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,782
  • Mojave First Hunt 009.jpg
    Mojave First Hunt 009.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 1,686
  • Mojave First Hunt 010.jpg
    Mojave First Hunt 010.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,741
  • Mojave First Hunt 012.jpg
    Mojave First Hunt 012.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 1,756
  • Mojave First Hunt 014.jpg
    Mojave First Hunt 014.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,790
  • Mojave First Hunt 020.jpg
    Mojave First Hunt 020.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,892
  • Mojave First Hunt 015.jpg
    Mojave First Hunt 015.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,687
Wow, nice first outing! Looks like a keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, nice first outing! Looks like a keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! It's keeper alright.

Congratulations with your new detector and the finds that it discovered!
Thanks! It's a hot little detector and runs really smooth.

This is great information thanks for sharing! Plus you can probably swing one for days and not get sore :grin:
Thanks! Yeah it's light as feather. What gets you is the getting down and back up again. Oh my aching legs.

beephead

Excellent post Beeps ! What is the tone characteristic ? Like a silver or a Compadre ?

Thanks for posting this! Just what I was wanting to see. Looks like a great little detector.

Did you notice any increase in depth? Were any of your targets obliviosly deeper than normal to you?

HDD
The Mojave is a lot deeper than the Compadre and is super sensitive to small targets. It loves gold!

Excellent post Beeps ! What is the tone characteristic ? Like a silver or a Compadre ?
Thanks! The audio tone is like the Compadre except it has some audio tone modulation to let you know how deep or shallow a target is.

Thanks for posting this! Just what I was wanting to see. Looks like a great little detector.
It's a winner! I love how smooth and quiet it runs.

beephead

Last edited:
The Mojave is a lot deeper than the Compadre and is super sensitive to small targets. It loves gold!

Thanks! The audio tone is like the Compadre except it has some audio tone modulation to let you know how deep or slow a target is.

It's a winner! I love how smooth and quiet it runs.

beephead

Thanks

I thought that I would tryout my new detector today see how it would do. Since it should excel as a jewelry detector I headed out to a nearby park. There's about a 50 yard section of sidewalk that I've detected along the edge of several times, so this should be a good test for the Mojave. I set the discrimination just high enough to discriminate out a nail and was able to run the sensitive to its fullest without any chatter whatsoever. That's amazing because this park is loaded with EMI.

My first target's audio was kind of broken sounding, but I wanted to see what were there. I dug down and popped a clad dime. I scanned the hole again and got a good audio signal and popped a junker ring that was just a few inches way from where I received the clad dime. This dog can hunt!

I worked the whole 50 yard sidewalk section on both sides and found several pieces of jewelry and to my surprise numerous clad coins that I somehow missed before. Also I found 9 nickels. This detector loves low conductors and small targets.

After finished up detecting along the sidewalk I left went to a couple of permissions that I've detected before. I managed to find 2 Rosie dimes, 3 Wheat Pennies and a War Nickel. The 2 Rosie dimes came out of the same hole. I popped the first silver dime, I covered up the hole, but check it again with the detector and got another good audio signal, so I dug again and found the second silver dime.

I really like this detector a lot and it's going to get a lot of use. It's way better than the Silver µMax and Compadre combined.

beephead

You seem to get silver every time out!! good for you

I've been looking at different pictures of the new Mohave and I have decided I would like to have the cable on the coil painted black. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:roll:

HDD

Congrats on your new detector and finds! Can I borrow your Nokta Relic now?
15 hrs on a 9V, is that about normal?

You seem to get silver every time out!! good for you
Thanks! I've been lucky to find some good places to detect.

I wouldnt mind trying that machine out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
You won't be disappointed.

Sucks up the silver like a vacuum , Congrats. HH
That little puppy can hunt!

Awesome!

I've got one coming from Bart when he gets them in.
Thanks!

If you guys don't stop this you are going to force me to get one. joe
I know were you can get one FAST.

I've been looking at different pictures of the new Mohave and I have decided I would like to have the cable on the coil painted black. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:roll:

HDD
That would look cool.

Congratulations on the Silver. Tracking shows mine arriving on Tuesday
Oh you're going to be a happy camper when it arrives.

Congrats on your new detector and finds! Can I borrow your Nokta Relic now?
15 hrs on a 9V, is that about normal?

Thanks! I'll be needing my Relic for deeper finds. I know that Tesoro detectors get long run times on a single 9 volt battery. I use rechargeable batteries and I don't keep up with run time now because I always keep them topped up and ready to go.

beephead

Always amazing how you can come up with more finds after you've gone over an area multiple times. Always enjoy seeing the bucket top of new finds!
Congrats on the new rig. Looks like the arsenal is expanding.
GL&HH

Back
Top Bottom