Indian head and gold on the curb

aviationgale

Elite Member
Went out again yesterday to start where I had left off. Beautiful day once again. Ended up with 2 wheats 1934-1946 The Indian head was a 1902, pretty good shape. Now the gold was found in front of a house that also had a few things scattered around. I thought it was a wrapper from a snickers mini and thought just pick it up. It is a bowling pin from Florida. BUT I don't believe the whole thing is gold, just the screw back and MAYBE the post, as you can see the screw back is marked 14kt. So I'm on the board for gold this this year LOL. But hey I'll take it. Also I found a real nice brass nozzle for your hose, love those things. The round "token" thing says "Carter Coal CO. Inc. 50" Reverse says "Insurance Credit System Dayton O." Has the 50 above a triangle with scales inside, below that TRADE. So I'm assuming it was a token to get coal. And 4.61 in clad. So a good day in all. HH all !!

Attachments

• Metal Detecting 007.jpg
    Metal Detecting 007.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 255
  • Metal Detecting 004.jpg
    Metal Detecting 004.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 259
  • Metal Detecting 005.jpg
    Metal Detecting 005.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 258
  • Metal Detecting 006.jpg
    Metal Detecting 006.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 256
great finds - maybe the coal thing is company scrip? Good only at the company store. Congrats.

VERY surprised it was gold and very happy. Thank you all for your words of encouragement. Turned cold, have to wait a few days and will be back at it, HH all!!:mder:

Back
Top Bottom