Drought ended after 8 silverless boxes!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Patience and perseverance....Both MDing and CRHing takes both....and this hunt KT considered an extension of last weeks bust out...so after the 3rd silverless box this week....8th in a row....KT was hoping for at least one 40%er Ken to break out of the doldrums....and sure enough, there it was early in Box 4....a dirty, but sweet, 67 Ken! and about 20 rolls later, a nice clean 64 just rolled into His Majesty's Royal Hands! Nothing else in the box but KT is HAPPY! :laughing: Box 5 was a bust...this week only a total of those 2 silvers and 9 NIFCs....and nothing else, either in the boxes or at the bank.

KT will have to compliment His Royal Banker, tho! Sometimes when dumping KT fills up their coin chest to overflowing, and they have to come and swap out for a new one. But this morning, when the Security Guard saw His Highness parking in the lot and carrying in the money bags, he notified the Dump Machine Manager and he came right away to change out the box before KT started dumping. Therefore no problem with the machine. Only thing was KT was dumping and always checks the reject bin after each bag. There was an 80 Ken in it. So KT examined it, looked ok, and tossed it in with the next bag to run...here it came back again..so KT tried it one more time...still rejected. His Majesty showed it to the Guard to see if he could see anything wrong with it, which he did not. KT popped it in His Royal Robe's pocket, and decided to give use it to pay for a Royal Meal at sometime in the future. Very odd! :lol::D

Only 2 pics this time...those sweet silvers and the NIFCs. Enjoy! And good luck with your MDing and CRHing next week!

Attachments

• CRH 02 02 2017 1 64 Ken 1 40% Ken.JPG
    CRH 02 02 2017 1 64 Ken 1 40% Ken.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 132
  • CRH 02 02 2017 9 NIFCs.jpg
    CRH 02 02 2017 9 NIFCs.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
OK! Great Report your Majesty! I wonder what the dealio is with that 83 kickout? Since you mentioned the oddity of this occurance, and you DO run a lot of halfs, Could it be something special?:?: Underweight from the mint? A Chinese counterfeit? Magnetic?

OK! Great Report your Majesty! I wonder what the dealio is with that 83 kickout? Since you mentioned the oddity of this occurance, and you DO run a lot of halfs, Could it be something special?:?: Underweight from the mint? A Chinese counterfeit? Magnetic?

Interesting suggestions. KT will check it out and post in here what He finds out!

Well? That is an oddity right? Especially for a guy who runs over 100k worth of halfs/yr through a mechagnized and highly calibrated bank coin sorter as Your Majesty does??

So why did this particular 83 JFK one kick out? Twice! Not a mower strike or deformed in any appreciable way? Thats why its heritological amalgamation is curious to me...

Well? That is an oddity right? Especially for a guy who runs over 100k worth of halfs/yr through a mechagnized and highly calibrated bank coin sorter as Your Majesty does??

So why did this particular 83 JFK one kick out? Twice! Not a mower strike or deformed in any appreciable way? Thats why its heritological amalgamation is curious to me...

Mud, KT has just begun His Royal Examination of this half...first, His Majesty had to correct His Royal Personage...it is an 80, not an 83...still had it in the Royal Pocket at the time He typed the discovery...but it is an odd duck alright. KT will have some revealing images of the half on His next post in here!

Here's the facts and KT's speculation.....

concerning the 1980 oddity half that was readily rejected by the bank coin machine.

The coin weighs 10.80 grams....average clad half weighs 11.34 grams...a full 4.8% lighter than average.

After dropping the coin several times on the Royal Kitchen Counter...it is slightly dimpled on the reverse...the dimple is impossible to photograph, but allows the coin to spin on the gentle dimple when the reverse is down.

Finally, photographic evidence (see below). We always say a picture is worth 10,000 words - certainly so in this case! First image is of the obverse at the edge of the coin....normal looking edge. Second image is of the reverse bottom edge...note the additional different metal-like uniform strip at the inner edge of the raised rim. Third image shows the top of the reverse and shows the same uniform strip in the same position. Enjoy examining the pics!

KT's speculation: This is a composite coin. The reverse of a 1980 half was milled out, probably as a shop project. And the obverse of another half was milled away so that the obverse would just fit inside the obverse half. Then the reverse was "glued" or pressed into place with a metalloid filler, perhaps JB weld, thus the lighter weight.

It was either a project to show a mill operator's skill or a test to see if a spy might place a microchip inside the milled coin!?! Just KT's speculation...anyway it now goes into KT's oddity collection! :laughing::laughing:

Attachments

• CRH 02 02 2017 lower obverse 1980 reject half.jpg
    CRH 02 02 2017 lower obverse 1980 reject half.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 98
  • CRH 02 02 2017 lower reverse 1980 reject half.jpg
    CRH 02 02 2017 lower reverse 1980 reject half.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 97
  • CRH 02 02 2017 upper reverse 1980 reject half.jpg
    CRH 02 02 2017 upper reverse 1980 reject half.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 98
Outstanding! A "Scotch and Soda" trick coin! I have one around here someplace!..I ripped open the Mudpuppy desk drawers to take a pic of it even!

Where is it? I cant find it right now, but Like you said, its a finely milled hollowed out husk of a husker! With the Intent of defrauding a plebian farmhand out of a free drink! A skilled machinist, like you said, is quite capable of hiding a 'bastard half' through machinery chicanery and magical aplomb so as the purveyor of this sleight of hand could win a free drink at a bar!

Thats what its all about! The thing is. a guy shows some half tossed freshly paid Nebraska hayseed at the bar a standard purpose JFK half..and makes a strange offer..."If I concentrate enough, I can turn this JFK Half into a damned old Canadian Loony!"..."No way" says the farmboy mark, "its just mettalurgically impossible!" Zip zoom pop! goes the old tosser,...Opens the hand, and here is a nice shiney Canadian Looney sitting there!:laughing::laughing:

Mud, KT has had two magic trick halves, found in the boxes years ago. Double headed and double tailed. They were flat and the join was barely visible even under magnification, so professionally made. They cost $14.95 each at the local magical shop! Traded them for some silver to one of the forum members...ha ha. So His Majesty did a magic trick with them...converted them to silver!

Forgot to mention also, the back is about 80 degrees offset from its proper position so whoever did this did not realize the normal stamping relationship of coins in the USA. So an amateur effort, for sure. :laughing:

Looked to be a so so week for his highness, but at least not a skunk.

The oddity of the milled coin is a cool find. I wonder if the coin machine hadn't rejected it - would you (we) have noticed it felt lighter or had the odd marks on the edge of the reverse, or that the front and back weren't lined up properly. If I saw the front first, it probably went straight into the not a keeper pile. The back might get noticed, hard to say. Also if it sounded funny being tossed into the not a keeper pile -- that would get it a brief second look. I have a few slightly unflat coins that don't ring right, they sound very dead.

I'd suspect there is a bluetooth tracking device inside that half, and a network of unsuspecting smartphone owners are now tracking your every move, and G-Men and back helicopters are not far behind. Run. ;)

Back
Top Bottom