• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

This is a first for me...!!

CTsilver

Hi Folks - Been a long time since I've been on here but wanted to pop in and share a recent find.

Was at a private park in CT last weekend with a friend of mine playing some disc golf. It's roughly about 100 acres... I've use my detector once in the past year or so, and have had the urge as of late to get there again. Well, on my way out of the park I decided to walk over to a clearing behind some tennis courts to give it a swing as I had about another half hour of daylight left.

The first good signal I dug was an old Milkbones dog tag, not a great find but not exactly junk either, pretty cool. I had found one of these before and the owner was happy to get it back after I contacted them so I'll probably do the same and try to reach out to them.

Second target was a penny. Third a pull tab.....

Then roughly 10 minutes in, as I began to pinpoint my fourth target which I was certain was another pull tab, I pull this out of the ground...

My first ever gold. A chunky men's wedding band, about 4 inches down. I was in a 100 acre park, and within 10 minutes I had walked a zig-zag pattern to the exact spot where a gold ring was located because "I had a feeling."

Unreal.

Isn't it amazing when you pull silver or gold out of the dirt!? There's simply nothing quite like it, it's just so bright and shiny and unlike anything else that we pull out of the ground. This really made my day.
SblJRqm.jpg

Huge congratulations on pulling the yellow!

About three years ago, I stopped to detect a small park, walked in about 50' and found a similar men's band - first and only target.

I got the jitters and had to leave:lol:

Welcome to the forum from Wisconsin.

That would of made my day too, congrats. I hadn't detected for close to a year, decided to check out a new house, and promptly found a morgan dollar. Its just the detecting gods trying to get us back out there.

Isn't it amazing when you pull silver or gold out of the dirt!? There's simply nothing quite like it, it's just so bright and shiny and unlike anything else that we pull out of the ground. This really made my day.

Completely agree - it 100% amazing feeling - huge congratulations.

Only a true treasure hunter / pirate knows that feeling. Everyone else looks at the cost of the machine, the value of finds, research, the time spent swinging, and then evaluates if "it's worth it".......... for true hunters it's all about the chase and the amazing feeling!!!

GL & HH

WOW! Nothing better than Big Dirt Gold! Especially when you get that 'feeling' about a place..and then walk right over to it...Congratulations CT, thats a beauty alright!
Mud.

Love finding gold. Only found 2 in the past 4 years. That feeling of the thrill of the hunt. Never dies when you pop a gold. Hope it is just a start of better things to come for you. GL HH

Wow, I can relate. I have amazing powers of intuition. I can walk into any area, and WHAM- a zincoln

Really amazing, I can walk directly into Zincolns. I feel lucky.

Back
Top Bottom