• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Dollar, Wheatie and a "V" (#22)

joee5

Elite Member
Took the Excal again today to the same beach I found the Barber Half yesterday. About 3 1/2 hours hunting the wet found an assortment of targets including a dollar coin (my 3rd this year) and another "V" Nickel (2nd in 2 days).

Also found this kool button, or pin (???) and a neat old hinge (copper I beleive)

The rest of the odds and end stuff

Once again I am and was the lone hunter here at "MY" old beach. I can see no trace or indication that any other MD'ers have trespassed onto "MY" beach. :D

A satisfying hunt even if no silver or gold was found. The piece next to the pinor button is questionable as it appears to be an old locket or pendant of some sort. Not gonna call it yet as I am unsure.
A beautiful day here in New Jersey, temps at quittin time were 46 degrees and sunny.
Hope others had an opportunity to get some swinging time in.
Happy hunting.

Sounds like a virgin site to me. That hinge looks like it came off a chest. Treasure chest that is.

sent from a sending device

Sounds like a virgin site to me. That hinge looks like it came off a chest. Treasure chest that is.

sent from a sending device

I been to this particular beach at least 25 times now. Not a virgin but I don't think it's been hunted in a very long time

You're closing in on the 1,000 coins/$100 milestone for the month Joe, a couple more hunts should do it! And congrats on another V nickel...should be a Barber somewhere close:yes:

It was a Great day to be out and you took advantage of it! Two V's in the last two hunts is one heck of a good sign! VN outing!

You're closing in on the 1,000 coins/$100 milestone for the month Joe, a couple more hunts should do it! And congrats on another V nickel...should be a Barber somewhere close:yes:

If the temps stay in the mid to high 40's the rest of this week I may take a ride to the "clad" aka soccer fields. Otherwise it'll be tough to accomplish as games and practices prevail the next few days

It was a Great day to be out and you took advantage of it! Two V's in the last two hunts is one heck of a good sign! VN outing!

It was a beautiful day. Just wish I had another hour or so to go back and hunt the high dry with my XLT

Looks like you have a nice prime spot it name have been hunted before but the storm that came through may have taken off alot of sand

Back
Top Bottom