Coil for shallow stream hunting

eculuke

Have a small creek that runs behind my house. I have a CTX and can't decide what would be better my sniper coil or big 17? Seems like targets wouldn't be very deep. Any tips

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think only you can answer that question.

Take the larger coil and try it. Are there way too many targets that you need the smaller one for separation, or are the targets so few and far between that the larger one will do just fine?

I think if you watch videos of hunters in the creeks it's all right on the surface.. in between the rocks...Me I would go small first... and pack the bigger coil in the ride. Do a few hours and you will know by then, like Scuba said...

I think only you can answer that question.

Take the larger coil and try it. Are there way too many targets that you need the smaller one for separation, or are the targets so few and far between that the larger one will do just fine?
X2:yes:

just do it! :D
use a small coil ... and if you are within 20-30 minutes of no signal - to put a large spool

If its fresh water......... small coil, because it takes targets YEARS to break down not to mention...... flooding moving all that trash around.

Back
Top Bottom