MX sport

I wish I could try one. I like what I see of them so far. Looking forward to firsthand reviews , but unfortunately I wont be able to buy one in the forseeable future.

White's forum was saying possibly $799 and if I remember correctly, 14.7 (?) On the frequency water proof up to 10 feet.

A Facebook response from White's on their MXSport page:

White's Electronics, Inc. David - This machine is not just a Waterproof MXT. it's a completely new machine with technology that the MXT does not posses. More details coming soon smile emoticon This machine IS in the same "Family" as the MXT... but we are considering it the big brother to the line.

Single freq. .... leaves me still waiting. No ones seems interesting in tackling multi water machines.

Single freq. .... leaves me still waiting. No ones seems interesting in tackling multi water machines.

Yeah, was hoping for at least a dual frequency, waterproof, vdi m achine to hit the surf, but its another hyped up disappointment for me.

I will admit it looks nice and whites seems to be trying to come out of their 1980's design. That part is a plus!

Yep

A mistake, they should have at least made it a 3 frequency machine, like the V3i, but i think this machine was put into production , not to be beach competitive, but only to give the ATpro a run for the money in its class, Earl

In a reply to me saying; what a bummer if its a waterproof mxt it probably won't be suitable for salty areas, they replyed that I wait for the specs that are coming in the next two weeks, so it got me curious :)

Would have to have a good price, and two work in salt water before it would get me interested.

A mistake, they should have at least made it a 3 frequency machine, like the V3i, but i think this machine was put into production , not to be beach competitive, but only to give the ATpro a run for the money in its class, Earl

Don't think a V3i would be a good beach platform from my experience. I think it is too sensitive. I know mine hit on small aluminum no other machine at the beach was hitting on. But they switched some personnel over there for a reason. Not sure what technology they are working with these days? Will say I have two friends who use the MXT and MX5 at the beach. The MX5 actually does pretty good in Florida. At least where I am.

It has held my interest on account of the 22 tones...I have a Pro, so this would be a sidestep if anything...

To be a ProKiller, It will need a massive marketing rollout and get a lot of good forum chatter from Pro users...The Pro does have a few minor flaws, (tiny little screen, short battery life) but they are overlooked or accepted on account of the thing finds GOLD! Huge end user base, all sorts of coils and accessories..However, this Whites rig could be a prime contender if they roll it out right, get it into the right hands that have been running Pros...that will be tough...

Whites must do a strategic rollout right or else it will be lost...
Mud

I hope that spent time testing it........hate it when a new WATERPROOF machine isnt. Really gets slammed no matter how good it ends up being. Single freq machine are getting better like Gary Storms and i believe the Racer will work to a degree in salt water. They seem to be working more with the high freqs now days. Gold is such a broad scale thou.

My opinion

Again is , this machine was developed to compete ,or over ride the Atpro market , which has done very good because of its semi waterproof abilities, the ATPro is a single frequency, set at 15 khzs, waterproof up ten feet, not saying it won't be good at the beach, but more geared to fresh water , like the Garrett, as you can see the 10 foot waterproofing, Frequencies, are similar, now if it over performs the ATPRO, Whites has a hot seller. :yes: Itsaring , the ability to run more than 1 frequency at the beach , i think would be better than running single frequency, even the Old CZ20s & 21s are dual, or- more with Excalibur's , that's why unless your dry sand hunting, you don't see them running around the water. PS i haven't tried the V3i at the beach, as I run Excalibur's & a DF so , I can't argue any info on the V3i platform, on salt water beaches, Earl

Back
Top Bottom