Ground balancing Deus

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
How do you normally ground balance your Deus detector??
Yes there are a few ways to do.
But not ways,,, done,,, seems are created equal.

I should point out Deus lite users are restricted to manual GB only.
This info here may benefit them moreso vs other Deus users.

So,,,for the Deus users try the following.
Dial disc to 0.

Do a pumping ground balance using reactivity level 2 and notice ground number in window.

With this number in window dialed in for ground number,,,,slowly raise and lower your coil over clean ground,,,what do you hear as the coil approaches ground???

Feedback right.
Next switch to reactivity 1 and again raise and lower coil,,,hear the feedback??
You should

Next go to reactivity level 3 and again raise and lower your coil to ground.
Notice anything different???

Then try reactivity level 4,,, should be no ground feedback at all.

What can be derived from this info???

For starts it would be hard to do a manual GB by sound by lowering and raising coil (if we assume) pumping ground balance is accurate with a pass rating and number in the window.

Deus lite users,,,,in reactivity level 2 zero disc dialed in,,,if you are adjusting your ground balance manually for NO ground feedback,,,,this is not accurate.
There should be some ground feedback coming through the audio.

Folks should try this out and see for themselves.

Deus lite owners,,,if you can get with another Deus users,,,and do some comparisons,,,you should be able to do more accurate GBing manually.

Last edited:
I'll be a DEUS owner in the not to distant future, TSS, would you please elaborate on the comments you made about DEUS Lite owners ...Are Lite users not able to make every adjustment as the full blown unit owers?

Thanks

I'll be a DEUS owner in the not to distant future, TSS, would you please elaborate on the comments you made about DEUS Lite owners ...Are Lite users not able to make every adjustment as the full blown unit owers?

Thanks

That is correct.
Deus lite owner,,,,will only have manual GB capability,,,you will have to adjust ground value on headphone module.

Also Deus lite owners,,you will have no reactivity or silencer adjustments,,no tone break adjustments,,,no ground notch adjustment,,no notch adjustment, no Tx power adjustment,no audio overload adjustment, no actual ground phase value displayed.

To get the real performance out of Deus,,,remote is needed,,,but a Deus lite owner can get with a Deus owner with remote,,some good programs can be built and transferred to Deus lite users setup.

Just remember the values assigned to the settings mentioned above will be fixed(non adjustable).

Now Deus lite owner does have capability to delete programs.

Personally I don't recommend Deus lite setup,,,besides if you do purchase Deus lite,,,and are thinking about remote purchase later on--- they are expensive,,,better to buy Deus as an entire system.

I had rather folks buy Deus package with coil, pole,and remote,,,and skip on the headphone module. Doing this a user can use wired headphones,,,and a whole lot more wireless headphones come up for sale reasonably priced vs remotes.

Knowing what I know,,,before I would buy Deus lite,,,I had rather have Makro Racer 2 or At Pro,,or even a Fisher F75 DST unit,,or a Fisher F70.

To add clarity here Deus lite owner will have ability to adjust sensitivity,,,select one of the factory programs,,,you will have empty slots you can load programs must play off of already loaded factory program,,and remember you can only change certain settings using module. Also you will have disc adjustment,,number of tones to include full tones,,freq,,,choice of coil,,GB, volume.

Wow...i am so glad that I asked. I've been watching all the comments/threads on the DEUS and had not noticed this fact in prior threads....very good intel.

Thanks again.

HDD

[QUOTE

Knowing what I know,,,before I would buy Deus lite,,,I had rather have Makro Racer 2 or At Pro,,or even a Fisher F75 DST unit,,or a Fisher F70.

To add clarity here Deus lite owner will have ability to adjust sensitivity,,,select one of the factory programs,,,you will have empty slots you can load programs must play off of already loaded factory program,,and remember you can only change certain settings using module. Also you will have disc adjustment,,number of tones to include full tones,,freq,,,choice of coil,,GB, volume.[/QUOTE]

My Deus Lite, even with the limitations, is way more capable than my ATP was. I have found coins my ATP didn't get a whiff of. I really enjoyed my ATP (even went back to it after buying/using a new ML Safari) and made some great finds, but after 6 months with my Deus Lite I'm convinced I made a great decision with the slight upgrade to the Deus Lite. To be honest I would have gone with the regular WS4 package had I been able to afford it, but not disappointed with performance I am getting from the Lite.

With Lite you can manually ground balance, adj sensitivity, choose Tones and adjust volume to either use proportional audio or not. You can also choose between 4,8, 12 or 18 kHz to hunt with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom