• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

CTX3030 Headphones

TheCoilist

Elite Member
One thing I did not do on my etrac is upgrade the headphones. I think it's time to get some better headphones for the CTX3030 early on before training my ear to the Koss ones that come with it.

Can anyone recommend some good, waterproof headphones for the machine? I say waterproof only because I do use it in salt water, but it will never be submerged, however I am covering for incidentals as the waves are always rough where I am hunting.

Suggestions wanted!

See it's interesting you say that because those are the ones I've heard very mixed reviews about. :/

If you see this... I'm on the run (mobile device).

See it's interesting you say that because those are the ones I've heard very mixed reviews about. :/

If you see this... I'm on the run (mobile device).

I just got the gray ghosts. They're comfortable and seem to hold up well. I used the GG amphibians on my ATPro. Once I put them on, I never used the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

In the water I'm using the cruddy Koss. Thing about the yellow Koss is if you use them in salt water or do a lot of sweating that fills the ear cup up. You need to open them up on occasion and coat the inside wire insulation with something. If you don't it rots in a year. Best headphones to me when not in the water is the sunray pro golds. If they ever make the Grayghost amphibians for the CTX I'd get those. The regular Gray ghost water proofs have a muffled sound. The Koss are better if you can do a peltor mod. I never really knew at the start. But the new yellow ones on my Excalibur were defective they slipped so bad out of adjustment. The ones on my CTX aren't doing it. My Excalibur is modded with the Amphibians. I love them on the Excalibur. Waiting on OBN to either mass produce his skully headphones. Or embarrass a detector company into making some good ones since they seem to be pretty dumb in some areas. I get the feeling some college grad draws a detector on a napkin and some electronics expert tries to slap it in something some days:lol: I actually see Minelabs modded with Whites headphones out this way:lol:

The Koss ones that come with land machines are ... Useable for land purposes. I don't dive with these machines but a nicer sounding tone would be optimal. OBN takes summers off. I'd like to get a few other mods done on my excal also so maybe I can get a package deal when he comes around again. Lol

Good question. I too need a good set of waterproof HP's. I have a freand who hates his WP Grayghost and one that hates his Koss. Don't leave much other choice. I don't want to spend $175 for something I don't like.

Gray Ghost for the CTX has no external volume control. Volume is is controlled by CTX and target volume is plenty loud however I have a hard time hearing the threshold if there is any surf noise.
Also I stock them in my shop.
HH, phil

The audio on the CTX is set up for speakers,,,, any Piezo type of headphones will preform poor. The best you can get is the GGA, and put a Wp m12 connector on them. I tried them on my CTX, was disappointed and cut the connector off and sold them to a Guy using a CZ 21, he loves them and they work great on the fisher.

Back
Top Bottom