Not even sure how I'd forgotten about this.

SoKyHunter

My uncle purchased an old farm several years ago for hunting. He'd taken me out there a few times and we walked the property. If I remember right, its about 90 acres thats backed by a creek, and has a few old home sites on it. When my uncle divorced, he lost the farm. I hadn't thought anything about it being as it was years before I started detecting. Recently, I got a hold of the aunt I've not seen in a couple years and have been given the green light. From what I understand, the slave quarters is the only building still standing. I remember walking through it years ago and joking about getting a metal detector to hunt it.

...just goes to show you how easy it is to completely overlook what's right in front of you. Can't wait toget the AT Pro out again.

Will do. The misses is a photographer, so hopefully that slave quarters is still standing and she can get some good pics as well. I'll post them up too, hopefully.

I've posted pics of another old cabin I came across while hiking a little while back. Regardless of how hard you research, there's still plenty left to be found. Nothing I've come across can be found in public records or internet. It seems for some parts at least, written record is seriously lacking. ...and grunt work is always the most rewarding. Get your hiking boots on kids.

Back
Top Bottom