So Fustrated

If you do hunt under their conditions, make sure you give up your trash too:D

They might have a change of heart.

And this is why we can't get permission to hunt private properties now, because about 1 or 2% of us aren't honest! If they say they want the items then they belong to them! Be glad your getting to hunt on an 1800's property! This is very bad advice. IMHO!!

Agree 100% with this statement

I would Pocket any silver coins or jewelry ! And Give them all the Clad and relics, and trash to do what they please. After all nobody works for free.

Hunt the church, keep the good stuff.

if someone rudely said I HAD to give therm everything, sure its not WORK, but its your time. Unless your completely in it for relics, no profit whatsoever, I'd pocket a lot of it.

My suggestion would be to take advantage of the opportunity to dig in an interesting place and to possibly open doors to hunt some other places. It's a positive thing and I believe positives lead to positives. Karma or whatever you want to call it.

Or you could be a petty dishonest greedy thief, as some suggested above, and lie to the church and steal from them.

There are two paths in life.

work!!! :?: one day detecting is better than two days working! Sure glad I dont have your Mentality on detecting

It sure was a lot of work to buy my MD and all the gear that goes along with it.. Also a lot of work to come up with the free time to go detecting...

I would look for greener pastures, or nicer pastors..

<*)))>{

It sure was a lot of work to buy my MD and all the gear that goes along with it.. Also a lot of work to come up with the free time to go detecting...

<*)))>{

I guess! Unfortunately this makes no sense!! but if this works for you Great I for one feel that following the code of ethics is a plus and will get you a lot more areas to search if you truly are honest with people up front! But then again Maybe I am old fashion and honesty is not what some folks think are morals to have Good Luck in your searches though last post on this for me as I can see it as it is typed there are those of us who enjoy our hobby for what it is and those of you that do it to try to get rich!!!! and could care less about the property or owners of such property

I for one feel that following the code of ethics is a plus and will get you a lot more areas to search if you truly are honest with people up front! But then again Maybe I am old fashion and honesty is not what some folks think are morals to have

Sorry brother, I think you either did not read what I wrote and or can't..

I did not mention or suggest ANYTHING along the lines of being unethical OR dishonest, I can promise you I am neither...

:?:

<*)))>{

I did not mention or suggest ANYTHING along the lines of being unethical OR dishonest, I can promise you I am neither...

<*)))>{

Yes Sir I did read and can read and not pointing you outspecifically to be dishonest or Unethical by no means but pointing out others statements to him as such I apologise to you if that is how I came across to you!

They were either given bad information from another source like TV shows, or you gave him/her some reason to believe there is something valuable.

Some areas, or whole regions seem to be much more difficult to get permission. People in the southern states complain about this regularly.

The other problem is you say sure, I'll hunt the church for you. Then you find some Wheat pennies, an Indian, a silver dime, and couple of religious items. This does not match up with their expectations of receiving thousands of dollars, and they believe you are stealing from them.

Personally I would just bypass it.

And this is why we can't get permission to hunt private properties now, because about 1 or 2% of us aren't honest! If they say they want the items then they belong to them! Be glad your getting to hunt on an 1800's property! This is very bad advice. IMHO!!

You know what, I did give bad advise. I let personal feelings get in the way of doing the right thing.

Tyler, Maybe you can make sure your digging just as church lets out. Hopefully a few people will ask what your found or what your doing and you can turn it into an opportunity to educate and inform. Maybe print out a few copies of the Metal Detectors code of ethics with your name and contact information on it.

As they say, When a Door Closes, a Window Opens.

I really can't believe some of the comments I e read about keeping the stuff! Honestly this is why our hobby has gone to !!!!, I wonder if these are the same guys too lazy to flip there plugs back over! I don't understand the mentality of a few! Stealing is stealing is stealing! There's no in between, the advice some of you guys gave this kid is no different then stealing the copper gutter off the side of the church in the middle of the night and scraping them for money! What happened to just enjoying finding something no body else has seen or touched for 100 years or better! Plus others see it instead of it being locked away in your trinket box! Plus you get the satisfaction of being honest and other church members possibly letting you hunt their properties!! I don't do this for money and I have found lots of valuables pull my video on you tube comparing the ctx and at pro and u will see some! If the owner says u can hunt but they want it all you have to respect that! OR JUST DON'T HUNT IT

You know what, I did give bad advise. I let personal feelings get in the way of doing the right thing.

Tyler, Maybe you can make sure your digging just as church lets out. Hopefully a few people will ask what your found or what your doing and you can turn it into an opportunity to educate and inform. Maybe print out a few copies of the Metal Detectors code of ethics with your name and contact information on it.

As they say, When a Door Closes, a Window Opens.
This is good advice kingdoc, I medically retired from the marines I did three tours in the Middle East and got hit by an IED and I did things over there I'm not proud of but that I had to do in order to come home, but in everyday life we have more choices than that and if we don't make the right choices as a person when no body else is looking then where do we end up as a society! I know it's just a couple coins but sometimes doing the right thing when people aren't looking make you feel better about yourself! I guess it's kinda like donating to some kid you've never met on the angel tree during Christmas, you know when your doing it you will never get rewarded for the good deed you will never be told thank you for the good deed but you better believe their is someone who appreciates it!!

in everyday life we have more choices than that and if we don't make the right choices as a person when no body else is looking then where do we end up as a society!
sometimes doing the right thing when people aren't looking make you feel better about yourself!
I guess it's kinda like donating to some kid you've never met on the angel tree during Christmas, you know when your doing it you will never get rewarded for the good deed you will never be told thank you for the good deed but you better believe their is someone who appreciates it!!

Tyler, go search the church and give them everything you find. Nothing is more valuable than the gems of wisdom found in these words. You already found a great treasure without ever lifting you coil. Life is funny like that sometimes.

Petrie, Thank you for your service. My brother was in the World Trade Center Tower One when the plane hit. He was the only one that made it out of his office alive. well, his body is alive... his mind never fully recovered.

If I wasn't 4F I might have been there with you.

work!!! :?: one day detecting is better than two days working! Sure glad I dont have your Mentality on detecting

<*)))>{

I guess! Unfortunately this makes no sense!! but if this works for you Great I for one feel that following the code of ethics is a plus and will get you a lot more areas to search if you truly are honest with people up front! But then again Maybe I am old fashion and honesty is not what some folks think are morals to have Good Luck in your searches though last post on this for me as I can see it as it is typed there are those of us who enjoy our hobby for what it is and those of you that do it to try to get rich!!!! and could care less about the property or owners of such property

<*)))>{

Yes Sir I did read and can read and not pointing you outspecifically to be dishonest or Unethical by no means but pointing out others statements to him as such I apologise to you if that is how I came across to you!

After quoting me and using the word "you" (highlighted in red above) in your response to my quoted reply, that is exactly how YOU came across to me...

Apology accepted..

Some churches give to people and communities using God as the message, other churches use the message of God as a means to take from them... Ice Scratcher 2013

Just saying...

<*)))>{

I dont care how "nice" it may seem to be able to hunt a place that old , if you find something really good you WILL want to keep it and its gonna be extremely difficult handing it over to someone who never would have even known it was there until you did the work to find it. They just might decide to let you keep some of the things you find so thats a plus , but there is also a good chance he is just gonna stick it in his own pocket and keep it in spite of the fact that he said it belongs to the church. To me that is just too much of a sour pill to swallow and it could hurt to give up something you find if its good. Id rather not hunt it at all than to do it under those circumstances. But of course I would be hopping mad before I even began if they are going to be so greedy that they cant let a kid keep the coins and whatnots he finds when the alternative is to just let them sit in the dirt for another hundred years. I could not deal with that kind of mentality at all.

I wouldnt steal anything, I'd just conveniently forget a few dense items in the bottom of my pocket... the churches have tons of donaters, its so rare we find gold... Thats the difference between going pro and not sometimes, the big cash reward that says

Congratulations! You've been spending TOO much time out here!|
LEVEL UP!
You are rewarded, get a better machine to do things faster and get off me

Id keep the good stuff and give them the wheaties...

Yea, its "dishonest" but its definitely not stealing the rain gutter off the side of building...:laughing:

Odds are, whoever you give the coins you found to are either going to keep them for themselves or else they'll nothing of the value of coins and they will just go into the collection plate as regular change.

The church is not being honest to begin with. I thought it was gods land? Lol What kind of church asks a kid to give up whatever he or she may find? I could see I f it were jewelry. I though the churches are about helping but by this they sound like they just want pocket change anyway they can get it. Wasn't there something about GREED in that black book they are bow to? Kids trying to do something right and they are teaching WRONG doings. I would have done it just so I know the kids not doing it somewhere they SHOULDN'T, but that's how it's starts.

Stop grinding my curb you punk kid with that rolling skating board toy!! Instead help him build a box and ramp and show him how to use tools safely and responsibly. Teach em to fish and feed them forever!!!

relics and other items that pertain to the church i would hand over but when it comes to coins, its not hard to slip them in your pocket instead of your finds pouch :D

The church is not being honest to begin with. I thought it was gods land? Lol What kind of church asks a kid to give up whatever he or she may find? I could see I f it were jewelry. I though the churches are about helping but by this they sound like they just want pocket change anyway they can get it. Wasn't there something about GREED in that black book they are bow to? Kids trying to do something right and they are teaching WRONG doings. I would have done it just so I know the kids not doing it somewhere they SHOULDN'T, but that's how it's starts.

Stop grinding my curb you punk kid with that rolling skating board toy!! Instead help him build a box and ramp and show him how to use tools safely and responsibly. Teach em to fish and feed them forever!!!

+1 !!!

Back
Top Bottom