No for sale

mrw5641

There is an old house by my buddies place, and I haven't seen a car there, the place looks like !!!!, and there is no for sale sign. Should I just hunt? What do you all think?

Mike

I would call the realtor and see who owns it. If it's foreclosed and a bank owns it I might be inclined to hit it so long as I cleaned up perfectly. If it's owned by someone I would ask. It's not like a park with no signs where I would hit until told to leave, it's someone's property.

I own two homes right now, one is empty. I would probably be dangerously pissed off if I found you in my yard lol!

The risk, aside from the owner showing up and either lighting your butt up or having you arrested, is that if you did get caught, or the seller saw you were there, it gives us all a bad name , know what I mean? This hobby is exploding and it could either turn into something people look at with admiration as an interesting hobby, or look at us as creepy thieves. It is to our own benefit to be above bar and do the right thing.

That said, a foreclosure situation is a little more of a grey area to me. While not totally the right thing to do so far as hitting it, I feel it's no harm so long as you are impeccable and no one knows you were there. A angry owner is not going to come by and even if a person representing the bank comes to inspect they are most likely to just ask you to leave if even that. They won't take it personally.

There is an old house by my buddies place, and I haven't seen a car there, the place looks like !!!!, and there is no for sale sign. Should I just hunt? What do you all think?

Mike

No, that's called trespassing. Taking anything while trespassing becomes theft and criminal trespass.

Temptations... But how much fun is it really going to be? Neighbors could call it in anytime. Police could just be in the neighborhood. Owner, realtor, prospective buyer could show up at anytime. Never know how people are going to react to an intruder, might just be verbal, could be a whole lot worse. Are you really sure it's empty? Some people take long vacations, months. Some people stay with sick relatives, for extend periods. Maybe sitting in jail...

Got to respect privacy and property, just inviting unpleasant consequences...

That is what I had figured. Didn't hurt to ask :-)

I would never go on someones property unless I had permission.

Just do it, if someone comes, just say your sorry and leave. you'd probably be fine.

Every time I see an old property with no signs of someone living there is assume a crazy old man booby trapped it and avoid it like the plague.

However I always e-mail Realtors when I see properties for sale and ask permission. I use e-mail only so in the event of a yes I can print it out If anyone (like a cop) asks why I'm there.

Enid, that was kinda a joke, that's why I said it would hurt to check with the landowners. Stop being a jerk to me.

In this other post, he started yelling at me because I had a different view than him on what we should do in cleaning a reale! It was only a discussion where someone could post their thoughts on cleaning one!! This jerk all of sudden just started yelling about "how I don't know anything" and all this other !!!!. Look, I joined this to learn and ID artifacts, not be involved in cyber fights. So far Ive been in three! What the heck. One I not them, reslolved. But normally these guys get sour and don't wanna stop. Leave me alone. I want to post my artifacts and learn about them. Good bye. Im done with this convo.

Yah I usually put an emoticon face when being sarcastic because lots of people's inner voice doesn't detect it. :roll: It's all good. :cool:

In this other post, he started yelling at me because I had a different view than him on what we should do in cleaning a reale! It was only a discussion where someone could post their thoughts on cleaning one!! This jerk all of sudden just started yelling about "how I don't know anything" and all this other !!!!. Look, I joined this to learn and ID artifacts, not be involved in cyber fights. So far Ive been in three! What the heck. One I not them, reslolved. But normally these guys get sour and don't wanna stop. Leave me alone. I want to post my artifacts and learn about them. Good bye. Im done with this convo.

If there's a problem, use the report post icon and make a note. I believe you can create a user 'ignore' list as well.

Back
Top Bottom