Blast From The Past

madmanx

Sue and I are new to the hobby and are having so much fun detecting. Most of the coins we find are clad, which I must say a corroded penny find is exciting to us. However, the finds I think that are even more exciting are those trinkets/toys we dig up (and identify) that were part of my childhood. No, we aren't digging in my childhood home's backyard ;)

Last night, on our way off the field we were detecting on Sue hit on a metal piece near the car. What the heck, I'll dig it and then pack up. It was this flat decorative piece approx 3x4 inches. Looked at it after cleaning it up last night but couldn't quite put our finger on what it was.

My wife texted me at work this morning all excited. She found out what it was. It's a mold from a 1966 toy. I had one and knew exactly what it was then. You squeezed goo into the mold and then put it in a hot oven to bake into a rubbery version of the goo!!! So cool! We love this hobby.

Attachments

• Resized952019051795150016954274s.jpg
    Resized952019051795150016954274s.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 283
  • ThingMaker.JPG
    ThingMaker.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 220
Congrats on the unique find. Good luck to you and your wife in this hobby, it's very addictive!

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

That's awesome! Congrats on the cool find. My wife and I got into this hobby together as well and learned how addictive it was together as well lol. Dont test the strength of your marriage like we did.....buy her a pin pointer lmao!

That's awesome! Congrats on the cool find. My wife and I got into this hobby together as well and learned how addictive it was together as well lol. Dont test the strength of your marriage like we did.....buy her a pin pointer lmao!

Oh, I'm a fast study on marriage tests after 26 years :laughing: After Sherpa'ing for a few months I got my own detector, pin pointer, and shovel :lol:

It's really been fun and informally competitive.

Back
Top Bottom