PI Pro coil swap

LatheMan888

Just checking to see if anyone here knows how difficult and expensive it is to change the coil on a PI Pro from a weighted to a non-weighted one. I think they are hardwired onto the unit ,so I figure it must cost ya some to have someone do the work, if its even possible.
Thanks,
Ed :grin:

Can't answer you question, just wondering what you have up your sleeve? Is it so you can use it on the land?

Yeah, just wondering how difficult it would be to convert a PI Pro that is already set up with a zero buoyancy coil, into something easier to swing for long periods out of the water.

Whites U.K. use to swap the coils for repair but I think it cost about £50 ($100) plus the cost of the coil.
At least they guarantee the machine stays waterproof afterwards. Whether its worth doing is something you have to answer. You end up with a coil thats no use to you while you could get waterproof connectors, cut your coil off and then swap between the old and new coils.

Brian has the right idea. You get two machines and chance of water in the box. Rob

Back
Top Bottom