Interesting detector info from the web...

Re: Interesting detector info from the web...

Cool! Added it to "My Favorites".

Kev at staffs metal detectors is a top bloke and a very avid detectorist.. i am not so sure of some of his results mind as the coil size for example is'nt always mentioned.

I actually found the chart to be pretty accurate on the detectors I have owned. I was disappointed that the DFX was not listed. I also found the depth for the Exp II & Exp IISE to be a bit hard to imagine. I sure can't see myself digging targets at 14" even if it could detect them.

All my test results are different to those in the chart and as mentioned some machines seem to have disappeared and others like the XP Power have gone from high up to well down.
I put it down to either inexperience with some of the detectors or (as they are almost all second hand ) he's been traded in some real lemons.
If you have a hot machine but feel like a change you sell it within your club and get a better price. Friday models seem to go in trades or to E-Bay.

Ya, I saw an Minelabs Explorer II for $700 Buy It Now on Ebay the other day. It's gone now. I'll have to look again for the DFX. I did a search but it found nothing. I know I had both the Eagle Spectrum and XLT and my personal experience was the Eagle Spectrum went deeper due probably from being more stable. I did find many coins at 9" with the factory preset coin/jewelry mode.

OK I found the DFX. I've got to agree with Brian. Some of these detectors had to be lemons.

I hunted my favorite city park last night and all coins dug were no less than 8". I think the DFX being rated at 7" is a bit silly.

Back
Top Bottom