LOST the eagle "I" button!!!!!!

mooncalfmetal

Elite Member
Went down to Rich Hill " The town that coal built" for the 4th annual Diggin'it with friends FMDF treasure hunt and had an absolute blast! Everyone there was amazing and the stories where top notch; Vlad, you make me what to empty my bank account and take off to the coast!!
I don't have any goodies to report, but I did find a Peter's headstamp, $.83 clad, a Stanly utility knife(which I think I can bring back to life). There were some barbers, mercs, Indians, wheat's, a buff found by others. I watched Kwo123 pull a very toasted wheat, congrats man. The food was great and the prizes where too. I got me a cool led flashlight that came with some funny Duracell knock-offs, a forum T, and a W-E Treasure mag.

BUT!!!

I got home 'bout 8:30pm and left every thing in the truck and this morning I go out to bring every thing in and hang the displays back on the walls. Well I had to fix a few things that had moved during the drive and I can't find the eagle button. I had removed it from the case at the hunt to let others have a closer look do to its possible rareness. I'm pretty sure it got back in the case after the last time someone looked at it!!
I looked behind things in the case. It's just not there!

I dont know what to do. I just hope its not just layin there on the ground!

Attachments

• eagle button.jpg
    eagle button.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 318
Went down to Rich Hill " The town that coal built" for the 4th annual Diggin'it with friends FMDF treasure hunt and had an absolute blast! Everyone there was amazing and the stories where top notch; Vlad, you make me what to empty my bank account and take off to the coast!!
I don't have any goodies to report, but I did find a Peter's headstamp, $.83 clad, a Stanly utility knife(which I think I can bring back to life). There were some barbers, mercs, Indians, wheat's, a buff found by others. I watched Kwo123 pull a very toasted wheat, congrats man. The food was great and the prizes where too. I got me a cool led flashlight that came with some funny Duracell knock-offs, a forum T, and a W-E Treasure mag.

BUT!!!

I got home 'bout 8:30pm and left every thing in the truck and this morning I go out to bring every thing in and hang the displays back on the walls. Well I had to fix a few things that had moved during the drive and I can't find the eagle button. I had removed it from the case at the hunt to let others have a closer look do to its possible rareness. I'm pretty sure it got back in the case after the last time someone looked at it!!
I looked behind things in the case. It's just not there!

I dont know what to do. I just hope its not just layin there on the ground!

When showing valuable things, just try one on one, not in a group. Things do not walk off on one on one, they do in a group setting sometimes. I had the same thing happen to me on a gold coin. That ended doing groups. If you do not find it, then it walked off. Learn from this. :mad:

It was inside a glass case and I would take it out only after talkin bout it a few and I would put it back. I don't think anyone there would have takin it, thers no way!!

Just thought I would let you know what happened next....

Well, after about 2 weeks I couldn't take it any more. So I drove back down ther( about 45min drive), searched around and nothing. Well no button! Did find some clad and the normal trash and junk.

I think it was in September I was standing ther looking at my case( as many must do) And wouldn't you know it. It right ther! Just lookin at me!! It had fallin down between the frame of the case and foam that's inside!!! I guess that after being on the wall for a few the foam sagged, letting me see my prize.

OH, by the way I still don't have a positive ID on this either!

Back
Top Bottom