Need help finding wedding band on Miami Beach

johnmw

Was on Miami Beach today, only for an hour.
In that time I dropped my wedding band in the sand.
I was 25ft to the left (facing the ocean) of the lifeguard stand near the Eden Roc off Collins Ave in the city of Miami Beach. There was about 20-40ft of sand before the ocean (guessing it was high tide).

If you can go through the area with your detector and find the ring (platinum coated) I will give you a reward.

Thank you

Bummer! I hope your ring is found and returned. Send Felix a PM. I believe he hunts in Miami.

I found a woman's engagement ring just south of there (around 43rd st.) on Christmas day two years ago.

Bummer! I hope your ring is found and returned. Send Felix a PM. I believe he hunts in Miami.

I found a woman's engagement ring just south of there (around 43rd st.) on Christmas day two years ago.

Thanks,
I figure someone can do it, already got a hit off craigslist, I should tell him about your site.

Felixthecat I'm guessing?

I actually went and looked for this ring. I couldn't find it, not on the land or in the water. The winds last week were really really bad and the shoreline down here was churned up something wicked. The area where this ring was lost was so eroded it was like a direct 45 degree sharp angle from the bottom of the stairs to the water, no flat beach before the drop off. Most of Miami Beach had been torn up from the surf, it was a great week to hunt the beaches down here but no luck on this ring.
Also, that is a high traffic metal detectorist lane around there, I see people all the time with detectors. Someone may have already found it. I hope they see this post or the post on Craigslist.

I had planned on going out yesterday to look in that area, but got complicated with Mother's Day stuff. I will eventually do the area described just for fun as I don't know how much better I can do with my BHD 3300 in the wet sand. (Maybe the sands will come back in, along with the ring?- (something that doesn't generally happen in Miami Beach).

I had planned on going out yesterday to look in that area, but got complicated with Mother's Day stuff. I will eventually do the area described just for fun as I don't know how much better I can do with my BHD 3300 in the wet sand. (Maybe the sands will come back in, along with the ring?- (something that doesn't generally happen in Miami Beach).

been over a year....

thanks to whoever tried looking for this...

went on google maps with satellite view, just wondering how good my original description was, unfortuneately my original description was correct.

John -
I recently did that area and no ring. I will try it again in the near future. The Miami Beach areas get hit heavy with detectorists. Everytime I have gone out there has always been other hunters out there.

Back
Top Bottom