Irwin, Pa

louie088

Elite Member
Hi,
Anyone in the Irwin Greensburg area? Would be great to hunt with someone, I know of a few good places.
Thanks,
Lou

Will do Brian, Maybe this weekend? Ill send you a PM. I'm very familiar with West Newton. Do you know of any good places down there? I was thinking of taking a kayak along the shallow banks of the Yough and seein what I can find. Maybe even around Ceadercreek?
Lou

The Yough is not very shallow right now, very high flooding everywhere. To detect at Cedar Creek and be legal you need a permit from the county parks and recreation, $20. Me and a buddy got one last year, his father-in-laws family owned alot of the property that is now a part of the park, he knows where all the houses and everything used to be there. The permit is good for all the Westmoreland County parks except Hannastown...the good one. I just got permission today to hunt a spot that I have been researching for a year, if it stops raining I can see if all my hard work pays off. Maybe I can head out your way this weekend and i'll get a look at my spot to see if its as good as I think it will be and you can come this way next weekend.
I work until midnight Friday so you might not get a PM back right away but it will be there Saturday morning.

Name a time and place and I could be there. My hunts so far this year have been short and fruitless, I live in the Forest Hills area and would love to have a hunting buddy, I have permission for a church in Churchill that was a Nike missle silo during the cold war.:grin:

Sorry esquire7oz, Actually having issues with my Detector I think so I did not go out this weekend. The issue is I have been using a Bounty Hunter Lone Star, which worked great for a while but seems to have been acting eraticly or just not detecting right. I through a quarter down in the grass and it wont even detect it. I'm saving for a Garrett ATPro. So unless I mess around with the Bounty Hunter and get it functioning properly again Im kinda SOL. Sux.
But Ill keep in touch for sure man.
Did you get out this weekend?
Thanks,
Lou

I went out to check my new spot. Its pretty grown in behind the house where the old foundations are, I can't find them. I might have to wait until fall before I can even get a good swing back there.
I am also getting an AT Pro in about two weeks, I'm selling my bounty hunter 3300 to a guy at work so i'll have another hunting buddy soon. Is there a Garrett dealer anywhere around here? I'd like to put my own little package together and buy local but I don't know of a place anywhere.
Brian.

I've been researching metal detecting for about a year now and I really want a AT Pro but we had a baby boy last year and trying to find the time to get into it and spending the money right now is difficult. Hoping to be able to get into this fun sport soon though. I live only a few minutes from Hannastown fort.

Coindiggin, you can always buy a used detector and be sure you like the hobby and save up for a better one if you enjoy it. Hold on to the used one so you and your son can go out together when gets a little older.

Coindiggin, you can always buy a used detector and be sure you like the hobby and save up for a better one if you enjoy it. Hold on to the used one so you and your son can go out together when gets a little older.

I know I will like it! Lol

I watch from time to time on Ebay and I do have a new pin pointer.

I used to work in Blairsville at the Adelphia cable office. They usually sent me to IUP from there. If your looking for a hunting buddy some weekend let me know.

esquire7oz,
I will have a Garrett AT Pro in the next couple days. :D I was also on the Yough yesterday for a canoe trip and saw allot of promising spots, possibility even a ford or two. I think right beside the West Newton bridge (upriver) looks to be a great spot. I think you can walk across the whole river there. Ill bet people crossed there before the bridge was built in the early 1900's.
I think It would be cool to walk/detect Swickely creek too, off Apple mills.

Sounds good, getting my AT Pro Saturday or Monday. I live about a block away from the dock just up river from the bridge, you can walk across there without getting your knees wet when its low. Let me know when you want to hunt down this way or wherever and i'll see you there.

Well got my AT Pro! If you getting one locally, I got mine from
Sea Jay
440 N. Center Ave.
New Stanton, PA - 15672
Tel: 724-925-236
$594.95. No free stuff. Kelly Co offers a package for the same price with all kind of cheep extras? All mine comes with is Detector, head phones, manual/warranty info. No carrying bag or anything. That's it. But I'm stoked I got it!
photo_zpse55e758f.jpg

I saw Sea Jay online for detector sales but when I tried to find their site it was a wedding chapel. Do they have a web site? I'm guessing they have the pro pointer their also. If no web site i'll stop there after work tomorrow and check it out. Work is sending our bonus checks on the 15th, but that's a Sunday. I hope they send them early and I get mine on Saturday, if not I have to wait until Monday ... I know that's only 2 days but it feels like a long time lol.

Call them up. Its a Elderly couple that owns and runs the business. They do weddings, have a church, notary, dog grooming, and they happen to be a garrett dealer?! lol. But they are really nice people. Yes I got the pro pointer there too. They have allot of accessories too. I guess they don't have a store though. I purchased the stuff in there notary office. Call them up. Tell them Lou sent you.

Back
Top Bottom