A Short Story About Doing The Right Thing

3 weeks ago I worked a trade for my Equinox 800, someone wanted to trade their eTrac. We wound up shipping machines the same day or a day apart, I’d have to look...but we BOTH shipped via the Post Office. Well....3 days later he had gotten the Equinox and was off to the races, it was scheduled to be delivered on a Monday and he got it EARLY on Saturday. I was chomping at the bit thinking maybe the same would happen with my new (to me) eTrac. Not quite. I got it TODAY, exactly 16 days after the scheduled delivery date of 5/4.
In the middle of this when it looked like it had been lost, stolen, destroyed or it had just plain evaporated, my trader offered to Paypal me an agreed upon cash price for the Equinox. After thinking about it all that day, I suggested we just wait and see what would really happen. This past Monday, it moved! And then it moved again! And again! Before I knew it, the machine was in my town this morning! HOW? I dunno. But what counts the most in the middle of this whole thing is the immediate willingness of my trader to make the deal right, even at his own expense. Although TECHNICALLY he gave it to the Post Office and it’s now “their responsibility”, my trader understood that the ULTIMATE responsibility was his, and with several hundred dollars on the line, that isn’t always an easy thing to process.
I will leave him anonymous unless he wants to jump in, but even though it took 3 weeks to get here, it turned out perfectly. Two adults doing what adults do...recognizing the right thing to do regardless of what they could “get away with” if the machine was gone, and having the patience to give the situation the benefit of the doubt.

I just now seen this. I am the guy he is talking about. I gave up that E-trac? I must be crazy huh? LOL
Seriously though I would only do what I have been taught thru the years.
Make it right and move on.

Back
Top Bottom