Amazing Beautiful silver WW1 hat badge, 7 silver coins and silver walking stick end

tonznz

silver WW1 hat badge, silver coins and silver walking stick end.

A wide variety of finds this last two weeks from Dunedin NZ.

I got most excited by the 17th reinforcements WW1 silver hat badge, perhaps a sweetheart badge. What's best is that it wasn't knocked by my digging it up. It was a solid 90 on my Tecknetics T2 Se. No lugs or pin remains on the back.

1st picture includes everything including a brass chain, a few more pocket knives, part of toy gun, toy triang key, buckles, movable type.

Happy viewing folks:

my first artillery button and it has a nice lug on back

NZ expeditionary forces pin with a slip over piece which says 1946. I imagine this is like a returned services badge.

syndey university sports club badge

buttons, aluminum dog whistle and lead three ringer bullet found over several hunts in last two weeks

my oldest English penny 1846 I think, huge coin and heavy too.

all my silver things last two weeks

this was a low number 59 on my tecknetics last night. Only costume though. The slope I was hunting had few targets so I dug this strong sounding but low number.

hallmarks on the walking stick end found last night.

I'm going to use this one on my 1912 old house, cleaned up with my rock tumbler

Low tones?

Wonderful stuff, great hunting in your piece of paradise. It occurred to me from what you wrote about the costume jewelry piece, and digging a lower number signal because there were few targets on that slope, to ask if you've ever tried digging all the low numbers?

Wonderful stuff, great hunting in your piece of paradise. It occurred to me from what you wrote about the costume jewelry piece, and digging a lower number signal because there were few targets on that slope, to ask if you've ever tried digging all the low numbers?

yes on that slope, as it was a small area I dug all signals! But normally its just too much digging. Even though I know lots of good things can be low numbers. I might have to change my approach when I start running out of areas to hunt.

Back
Top Bottom