• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Gold ?

lawdog1

Elite Member
I have been digging almost every signal for months, but have yet to dig anything gold. Pull tabs and foil by the score, but still no gold!

When you dig a gold ring, necklace, etc., do you get a solid reading from several directions - similar to most coins or is it broken - like a trash signal? Do you get a deeper/louder tone - similar to a silver coin or the same old trashy tone?

I'm really wanting to find some gold and need a little direction. Any direction. Thanks.

I had a gold come up on a broken signal once, found out it was the angle the ring was resting. I dont know why I dug it, just got that feeling and glad that I did.

What kind of detector you using?

Dont feel so bad about not finding anything quite yet, there are dry and wet streaks for all of us.

I have been digging almost every signal for months, but have yet to dig anything gold. Pull tabs and foil by the score, but still no gold!

When you dig a gold ring, necklace, etc., do you get a solid reading from several directions - similar to most coins or is it broken - like a trash signal? Do you get a deeper/louder tone - similar to a silver coin or the same old trashy tone?

I'm really wanting to find some gold and need a little direction. Any direction. Thanks.

Rings will come.. your coil has to go over it to find it :) chains on the other hand will be harder to find as the detector does not see the entire chain.. it sees 1 link at a tome or the clasp... if you have a freshwater beach nearby will increase your chances of finding gold...

What machine are you using? I have been hunting for years and have only found a few gold items...hundreds of silver ones though!

Its not lying about everywhere.Since returning to detecting in the past 3 years Ive only found 6 or 7 rings,1 coin,a watch winder and a St Christopher.The last named was an accident as Id forgot to switch the Sovereign back to disc from checking an all metal signal.As Rudy says the gold has to be there.It will come---eventually if you keep at it.Good luck.

Sometimes I think it's like when you misplace your car keys, your late for work and searching everywhere running around. The whole time their in front of you..

I'm not saying gold is right in front of you (well maybe :lol:) but I think we get so worried about finding it we jinx ourselves. Or maybe overlook something or it's just not there, but keep at it it will come and when you get the signal something will tell you to dig this one. Your looking for the right signals digging foil, nickel or trashy tones but when it's gold you will just get a feeling and tone that is not quite the same as the others..

Good luck..

Go where the people are. For me, it's the soccer fields, beaches, and parks. I also dig EVERY single pulltap signal. Yes, it IS a pain...but it does pay off. I dig a lot of trash, but it comes with the hobby. :roll:

3 weeks ago I got a signal that read as a pulltab on the ACE 250, but dug it anyway. Out popped a gold ring. :wow:

Other good spots are fairgrounds, and campgrounds. I also like to go deep into the woods, and dig all signals from foil on up. This has produced at least 4 silver rings. My wife is now wearing 2 of them! :D

Patience is paramount, as is persistence. I hunt EVERY day, except when it rains. I come home with 95% junk, but I don't mind a bit. With the junk comes the goodies.

Sorry I got a bit long winded there, but I hope this helps! :grin:

yea i like that question what about the tone is it a solid nickle signal or broken. but i got a question. i test my md tek. delta 6000 by running it over my gold at home. it gives diff. signals on the chains like posted above and ur right about the tone and one link. but on to my question will i get the same sound tone in the field. i coin hunt but i am getting into the rings because me and the kids have been finding old silver rings 1910 1908. when i lay my 24kt wedding band on the ground or cover it with dirt i get a solid nickle signal. solid nickle but the gold chain hits nickle foil.

I haven't found any gold with the AT Pro yet but on the 250 all the gold I found were solid, unchanging tones. Also, the target ID did not jump. I agree that the signal may be different depending on how the jewelry is laying in the ground.

The one gold necklace I found was a solid penny signal on the 250.

Your day will come, it just may not be when you want it to or as soon as you want it to.

But we have faith in you.

Until then, Good Luck!

I found a small gold ring my first gold ring and it was a solid 12-9 from all directions, good solid tone also,good luck on finding some gold there my friend , oh ya it would help to know what machine you were using so we could give you some example numbers or sounds for your machine thanks bud!

You are going to dig 500-1000 pieces of aluminum junk for every piece of gold. This is why so many turf hunters just ignore the entire foil / pulltab range.

Keep at it and you will find them.

Simple rule but true - go where people wear gold the most. Your odds will zoom upwards. Steve in so az

3 gold rings this year is various sizes...all 3 were solid repeating nickels on the Ace250. One was even a little girls 10K that weighed 1 gram! Still gave the same reading as a 17 gram 10K classring.

Ah...but no results for gold yet with the new AT Pro...but it's from no lack of effort...try looking at a few of my posts in the "Stories and Pictures" section. I've been digging lots of low tone trash hunting for GOLD!

I can't decide yet if I want to be good or lucky!

Thanks for all the replies. My tests above ground rang up solid, but I was wondering about the underground gold you have found. Thanks for answering that for me. I am using the BH 3300 Discovery. I am sure that location is my biggest hurdle.

Another piece of advice...

Howdy... please do the following:

Take a thin banded 14k ring

Put in small plastic bag (to keep it clean)

Go to the grass. now, dig a 4 inch hole

Put your ring in there (make sure you note where it is)

Put the plug back on top of the ring

Walk 3-5 feet away, and swing/hunt as you normally would. Head for the item...

See what happens

I was amazed. Changed my hunting style completely, as I would have missed that thing hunting my usual way. I mean, use the walk and the swing as you normally hunt and see what happens.

Was an eye opener for me. Give it a shot, only takes 5 mins.

Back
Top Bottom