Used AT Pro detector prices holding up

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
just looked at eBay for sold AT Pro detectors and even used ones were sold for $500 or more. I had expected the prices to be lower by this time due to lots of AT Pro users buying Equinox detectors.

I think AT Pro owner are buying the 600 and 800 but keeping their AT Pro's. That plus people not wanting to enjoy the 800's steep learning curve keeps the demand for the AT Pro steady. Plus the fact that the AT Max really doesn't bring much more to the table. I for one like the AT Pro's VDI spread of 99 better that the Nox 39 spread.

just looked at eBay for sold AT Pro detectors and even used ones were sold for $500 or more. I had expected the prices to be lower by this time due to lots of AT Pro users buying Equinox detectors.

I think AT Pro owner are buying the 600 and 800 but keeping their AT Pro's. That plus people not wanting to enjoy the 800's steep learning curve keeps the demand for the AT Pro steady. Plus the fact that the AT Max really doesn't bring much more to the table. I for one like the AT Pro's VDI spread of 99 better that the Nox 39 spread.

In my opinion the equinox thing is more here on these forums than the real world..Not knocking the machine,just saying..When I list a machine like a Etrac,explorer,fisher F75ltd2 ,or equinox on Craigslist I get no responses..none...when I list a at pro or max I get a lot,and it’s usually sold that day,top dollar.

If the boys from the "Diggers" show had been using Equinox detectors..... just say'n:lol:

Sine this is a family friendly forum I can not even start to say what I think about those two and that show. I try to refrain from using that kind of language in mixed company.

The point I was trying to make that has been missed so far was that the Diggers show was good for Garrett AT Pro sales. As far as the Diggers boys themselves, I would love to have National Geographic as a sponsor so I could hunt areas that are off limits to the rest of us.

I have an Equinox and haven't touched my AT Pro for about a year now. Matter a fact im about to post it up for sale here.

Seems to me like a lot of Pro guys were hanging on, hoping that the Nox wasn't the real deal. Now that the Nox is proving itself, I think we'll see a lot more Pros on the market. I've seen at least 3 for sale locally asking moderate prices, but don't know what they finally sold for. The Pro is still a good backup machine.

I'll stick with my At Pro. I have a old bureau that's full of colonial relics and coins, thanks to the At Pro. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I just bought a nox 800. I wasn’t using a pro but I was using an ace 350. I just last week bought another pin pointer and edge digger. I can now take guests, friends, family, etc detecting. I’ll never sell for that reason alone. Mine is only an ace 350 but the point is even if it was a pro I’d keep it for an unequipped hunting buddy.

The ATPro is a proven water proof rig that will find the goods . No surprise it will hold its value.
It will also keep selling .
I love my Etrac and would replace it with the same if something happened to it. As with the Tesoro Vaquero I own .
Good proven machines that get good depth are finding the majority of the stuff left in the ground on an over all bases.
We all know location is key.
Most targets we are finding are at a comfortable depth for most machines .
Ya a good handful of deep deep targets exist but someone running an ATP is not at a disadvantage at all in 95 percent of hunting situations .
Obviously specially designed big money nugget shooting or water set ups or super deep big coil set ups can have there advantages.
,Dew

Funny how the newest and self proclaimed best machines are always stacked up against the at pro by people, and then those same people say the at pro just isn't as good..
And in fairness the equinox is just one machine in a long line of machines people have been comparing to the at pro for years.That in itself speaks volumes about the at pros capability.
And also for what it's worth, the new orx I just got seems better than the equinox in separation,weight , features and build quality.I bought it for the weight issue alone although it seems to be the better machine at basically the same price point.
That doesn't mean the equinox won't sell still or people will dump them for another brand.At pro and equinox are excellent machines , just different strengths

Last edited:
Just proves that competition is a good thing, especially for the consumer.

Just proves that competition is a good thing, especially for the consumer.

I think your right..But the wheels keep turning and better mousetraps keep coming out.
I honestly don't see any machine really replacing any machine, except here in these forums..I know guys who swing the same machine they did 20 years ago and don't even think about another, but they're not forum members...Then I see guys on these forums looking to buy 20 year old machines while having the newest technology in they're signatures.
If the equinox 800 would have the ergonomics of the orx I probably would have bought it instead ..But the ergonomics was my first choice in this purchase and xp can't be beat for that..Performance wise, they are probably so close it would be splitting hairs but the audio to me on the xp is much more informative..But that's just a personal preference, not for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom