A Sweet Navy Medal And The Other Normal SoCal Stuff

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
I haven’t been too motivated to make posts lately, but figured I would get caught up since I’m waiting to get some work done on my car.

I found a few silver coins bringing my total up to 49 for the year, but the highlight was a WW2 Navy general service medal that is dated 1949 on the back and it has a guys name who passed away in 2002.

Enjoy the photos.
Jason

Attachments

• 14993A72-98BE-4E11-8D21-AC283EF1E6FB.jpg
    14993A72-98BE-4E11-8D21-AC283EF1E6FB.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 488
  • 349CC4EC-30A7-4B7C-A826-808EF09DD07B.jpg
    349CC4EC-30A7-4B7C-A826-808EF09DD07B.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:
That looks like the Navy Good Conduct Medal./QUOTE]

What did he do to earn that? He shared his stash of booze with the Capt. and always puked over the Lee rail? He Could tie a sheepshank or a clove hitch on a colostomy bag on command? Dance an entertaining hornpipe on the poop deck? :laughing::laughing:

Marines dont get Good Conduct Medals! behaving in good conduct worthy of a medal is not what they signed up for...They get Bad Conduct Medals!...Like the Congressional Medal of Honor!

Neat and interesting find Jam! You look a bit short on Marbles this segment though...

Congrats on the finds Jam! Your posts are always similar, a few marbles, a few silver, a few tokens that look like a sheriffs badge, and then 1 or 2 really unique finds! You must have some great spots down here, big congrats!:urock:

Sshheessk. Well that was rather rude. It is your DUTY to entertain us with your latest goodie pictures. :eat3:
I wish I had more time to entertain.
Nice finds....like the silver but the navy medal is really nice.
Thank you.
That looks like the Navy Good Conduct Medal.

Great find! It would be worth restoring!
Thanks. Don't think I'll be restoring it, like it as it is.
That looks like the Navy Good Conduct Medal./QUOTE]

What did he do to earn that? He shared his stash of booze with the Capt. and always puked over the Lee rail? He Could tie a sheepshank or a clove hitch on a colostomy bag on command? Dance an entertaining hornpipe on the poop deck? :laughing::laughing:

Marines dont get Good Conduct Medals! behaving in good conduct worthy of a medal is not what they signed up for...They get Bad Conduct Medals!...Like the Congressional Medal of Honor!

Neat and interesting find Jam! You look a bit short on Marbles this segment though...
Thanks and yes it is a Good Conduct medal. Marines get good conduct medals. Check them out on wikipedia and I found one a couple years ago.
Congrats. Nice finds.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Thanks
Congrats Jam, on the silvers and Navy medal.

:thumbsup:
Thanks
Congrats on the finds Jam! Your posts are always similar, a few marbles, a few silver, a few tokens that look like a sheriffs badge, and then 1 or 2 really unique finds! You must have some great spots down here, big congrats!:urock:
Thanks. I like hunting parks and old lots so I seem to find a good variety of finds.
Congrats on some nice finds!
Thanks
Wow, nice digs there. Thanks for sharing. Always enjoying what others are digging.
Thank you.

Kinda surprised me Jason posting in the discussion area. Still you got in some nice hunting with some great finds. Congrats on the Silver's, the Wheat's and the Navy Medal is a fantastic recovery. I think I can understand not being motivated to post. A awful lot of lookers but very few replies. Puts limits on wanting to take the time to share. Trapper

That’s a nice medal and the “normal” stuff ain’t half bad either :laughing: love the war nickels, that token(?), marbles and wheatopia!

Kinda surprised me Jason posting in the discussion area. Still you got in some nice hunting with some great finds. Congrats on the Silver's, the Wheat's and the Navy Medal is a fantastic recovery. I think I can understand not being motivated to post. A awful lot of lookers but very few replies. Puts limits on wanting to take the time to share. Trapper
Thanks Trapper! I know I made a blunder and posted in the wrong section and I wish I could move it. Yes, sometimes I wonder if it is even worth posting just to entertain the hundreds who lurk or don't comment but people like you and the others who comment regularly make me keep wanting to post.
That’s a nice medal and the “normal” stuff ain’t half bad either :laughing: love the war nickels, that token(?), marbles and wheatopia!
Thanks buddy!

And if an enlisted person has 16 years of continuous "Good Conduct" (did not get caught) they wear Gold Stripes on their Uniform.

Nice group of finds but I would like to have seen a picture of the reverse of the coin from PI.

Back
Top Bottom