$101.37 Today. Overall a Good Day

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Went to one of my favorite spots today out in the muck. I was pushing my machine down almost a foot and swinging it. Boy that was tiring. BUT, got a nice high tone and started digging. Out pops my first walker for the day. Kept playing in the muck very close to that spot and got an iffy high tone. Got the quarter next. Then another tone deep in the sand under the muck. That one turned out to be the Barber dime. Moved less than a foot and got another high tone. My second walker for the day. I was almost out of air and TRIED to find something to tie my dive float to so I could come back and play after I got a new tank. But I could find absolutely nothing. I couldn't find that spot at all the second dive and only got the two wheats and brass rings and the locker tag. The small brass ring has a silver head with a stone.

Came up to a missed call. I was needed for a dive on the Clinton river to put chains on a boat hoist so a crane could lift it out of the water. Went and did that on my way home for a clam.

I know there is a lot more silver and gold in this spot. I just have to get under the muck and get to the hard packed sand and small gravel.

Halves are 1935 and 1943, quarter is 1943, dime is 1903 and the pennies are both 1944.

Love the big Silver scuba, and that was a great day!!

On the muck what size coil are you using?

I just started water hunting and it’s not as easy as it looks. Do you clean your silver or leave the black patina? I’ve noticed water silver is often very dark. Do you scoop or only scuba? Congratulations on the big silver buddy. Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've gotten enough clams this month to afford some chowder! I need to start my own little business on the westside lol!

Nice job Scuba :yes: strange to see that many brass rings and no gold :)

If the current wasn't too strong I'd be tempted to tie my weight belt or in totally calm water maybe even tie the CZ to the dive flag :D;) Guess I wouldn't really want the control box sinking in a foot worth of mud tho :lol:

A great find Scuba. I have never found a Walker. Maybe someday? The ring on the right that has the round top, what is on it. It's made like a WW1 ring. This is one I have. It looks something like it It's a WW1 veteran's retirement ring.

Attachments

• 20180322_162646 copy copy.jpg
    20180322_162646 copy copy.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 427
I just started water hunting and it’s not as easy as it looks. Do you clean your silver or leave the black patina? I’ve noticed water silver is often very dark. Do you scoop or only scuba? Congratulations on the big silver buddy. Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I scoop when the water is too cold to dive in. I never clean my silver, Depends on the water what the color is. In lake Huron the silver coins are blue gray.

PM Me Scuba-- I'm in MI also- I don't water hunt, but would love to hear the general location - waterway so to speak

Detroit River

A great find Scuba. I have never found a Walker. Maybe someday? The ring on the right that has the round top, what is on it. It's made like a WW1 ring. This is one I have. It looks something like it It's a WW1 veteran's retirement ring.

There is a half horse, half man with a bow and arrow on that ring.

Back
Top Bottom