• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Look What I Dug Up Today!

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
One out of two of my dives today were successful. I was in a river in Ionia Mi and could only see about a foot in front of my face in some fast current. Was able to find and recover this 30hp outboard motor he lost last Sunday. Another happy customer.

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 556
Well, how happy was this customer?

Attachments

• ShowmetheMoney.jpg
    ShowmetheMoney.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 513
Do you use your detector, or just feel around in the low visibility?

Current was way too strong for a detector. I felt for it. I pulled myself upstream and then went downstream sideways and when I hit something I would feel for what it was. The second time I pulled myself upstream I touched the motor. It was further upstream than they thought.

Nice job Scuba. How many boat motors have you found so far? I'll have to put one on my bucket list. I bet that's one that Kapi hasn't found either.:lol:

This is only my second. The first one was a 10hp I came across on my own. I8 junked that one. Probably could have power washed it and repaired it. It had been in the water a long time.

What a guy, not only can you find great treasures without a detector, you probably did not even use a scoop. I was going to ask which scoop you used...but then I read you only used a rope to aid in your discovery.

Ain't it great to help others with our skills?

another Sherlock Holmes who-dunnit-mystery solved by Scuba. Good job !

What a guy, not only can you find great treasures without a detector, you probably did not even use a scoop. I was going to ask which scoop you used...but then I read you only used a rope to aid in your discovery.

Ain't it great to help others with our skills?

Funny thing is I seem to get lucky that way. One year we went to a lake and my detector wouldn't work. I told Kevin I would just look around when he wanted to go home. I felt around in the muck and came up with a Springfield Trapdoor Bayonet. Boy was he green with envy!

Back
Top Bottom