Today's labor day finds and concerns

Dirty Love

Elite Member
With Hurricane Irma's future path being a big concern, I got stocked up on fuel, food, and water last night so that I could get out for awhile on this mornings incoming tide. This was my first time out in the water in several days because of last weeks surf and storms, and although it only produced a couple of 925's in the scoop, it was a nice to get out and get wet on this labor day.... It did start to get crowded pretty quick, so by noon I was done.
I think the only fresh drops I recovered are the 925 earring and the match box boat, everything else including the 925/rhinestone bracelet looks like they have been soaking for awhile. I might get another hunt in tomorrow, but on the late afternoon low.
*Hoping for the best for all my fellow Floridians or anyone else in the path of this potentially dangerous hurricane. Lots of anxious people around here after seeing what Harvey just did to Huston and major high tides this week elevate the fears. I have neighbors who are leaving tomorrow.
DL

Attachments

• P1100940.JPG
    P1100940.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 655
  • P1100943.JPG
    P1100943.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 655
Congrats on the finds. I will start some cautionary preparations tomorrow such as filling up the cars.

congrats on the silver! :D
and yeah, we tend to keep a close eye on those storms up this way too, they can easily swing right up the coast and nail us here as well.

Pete

Nice finds!
Still pretty early to say exactly where that storm will hit but it might go your way or even mine. It's going to be a big one wherever it hits...

I stayed here for Hurricane Hugo. Never Again. When they start talking about a hurricane coming this way I start having back problems. The yellow streak gets wider and wider and I head for the hills.

Congrats on the finds! :grin: I did some detecting at a tot-lot this evening & did better than usual on clad. Some of it was right on top - I guess with it being Labor Day there was probably a lot of traffic there.

I'll be praying for those in possible danger. Keep safe!

Congrats on the finds. I will start some cautionary preparations tomorrow such as filling up the cars.

??? Dude, we spent a hours prepping and clostest hotel we could find was on the outskirts of ATL. We made the reservations and by the time we finished, that hotel was also booked. If you wait, you might end up having to drive north of the mason/dixon... :laughing:

Here in Pa. were watching this one also....Stay safe wherever this hits...No one wants this but its going to happen...Prayers fo Everyone

I got room here Me Friends! If anybody wants to get out and needs a place to stay, the doors at the Mud Hacienda are open for you.........Seriously...Just fly into GRR and I'll pick you up even! Bring your detecting gear!

Allegiant Air still has direct flights from Orlando I think...

With Hurricane Irma's future path being a big concern, I got stocked up on fuel, food, and water last night so that I could get out for awhile on this mornings incoming tide. This was my first time out in the water in several days because of last weeks surf and storms, and although it only produced a couple of 925's in the scoop, it was a nice to get out and get wet on this labor day.... It did start to get crowded pretty quick, so by noon I was done.
I think the only fresh drops I recovered are the 925 earring and the match box boat, everything else including the 925/rhinestone bracelet looks like they have been soaking for awhile. I might get another hunt in tomorrow, but on the late afternoon low.
*Hoping for the best for all my fellow Floridians or anyone else in the path of this potentially dangerous hurricane. Lots of anxious people around here after seeing what Harvey just did to Huston and major high tides this week elevate the fears. I have neighbors who are leaving tomorrow.
DL

Congrats on the finds DL. Hope you and all our FL people stay safe.

I got room here Me Friends! If anybody wants to get out and needs a place to stay, the doors at the Mud Hacienda are open for you.........Seriously...Just fly into GRR and I'll pick you up even! Bring your detecting gear!

Thanks Mud for the invite. It would be a pleasure to hang with the Puppy. But I'm going to ride this one out. If we make it without a disaster, There should be some real sand movement. Well I hope it works that way.

Congrats on the finds Dirt! With that monster storm in the neighborhood keep your head down and make sure you and the family are safe. Good luck to you and yours

Thanks Felix, hope you're not caught up in all the panic....No telling for sure yet, but South FL is in Irma's sight at this time. GL

congrats on the silver! :D
and yeah, we tend to keep a close eye on those storms up this way too, they can easily swing right up the coast and nail us here as well.

Pete
Thanks Pete, Yep, and you guys get the Nor Easters too. As a Fl. Native, I hate cold weather storms!!

Nice finds!
Still pretty early to say exactly where that storm will hit but it might go your way or even mine. It's going to be a big one wherever it hits...
Seriously hoping it does not make its way into the Gulf and then right turn into the state...the worst scenario for us. But that just makes it another problem for someone else. Best of luck to you.

I stayed here for Hurricane Hugo. Never Again. When they start talking about a hurricane coming this way I start having back problems. The yellow streak gets wider and wider and I head for the hills.
Lol, words of advice for sure. Been living on the water for 60 years, but have only evacuated once and never fled farther than a higher ground high school for the night.

Congrats on the finds! :grin: I did some detecting at a tot-lot this evening & did better than usual on clad. Some of it was right on top - I guess with it being Labor Day there was probably a lot of traffic there.

I'll be praying for those in possible danger. Keep safe!
Thanks Princess

Here in Pa. were watching this one also....Stay safe wherever this hits...No one wants this but its going to happen...Prayers fo Everyone
Can't stop mother nature, can only be prepared for the worst, Thanks Joe.

Nice batch of finds!
Thanks V

Well alrighty then...Hurricane Party at Muds:laughing:

Make sure if you're bugging out, take your detector. You don't want it to get wet!
and your wife, my detector is waterproof :laughing:
Lol, treasures are in the eye of the storm, or after.

Congrats on the finds DL. Hope you and all our FL people stay safe.
Thanks DD, high and dry is the way to go

Congrats on the finds Dirt! With that monster storm in the neighborhood keep your head down and make sure you and the family are safe. Good luck to you and yours
Thanks Numil, still 5 days away, looking somewhat better for us here on the West coast, but still unpredictable. Ready for what ever happens either way.

Back
Top Bottom