Winter Coin Roll Hunting has begun

gameoftag

Forum Supporter
Cold temps over the last week have frozen the ground pretty much everywhere and with no construction projects to speak of this winter, metal detecting has been wrapped up a couple weeks early this year. The snow that came this morning made it official.

Gave the F75 a nice wipe down. Cleaned my tools, and replaced the wrap on the detector grip with some nice clean wrap for next year.

20131125_193720~01.jpg

On to the next hobby.... Coin roll hunting. Picked up a box of nickels and so it begins. Ready to pull up a chair with a favorite beer armed and ready to fill my cold snowy evenings with my second favorite hobby..

20131125_193538~01.jpg

Stay tuned.

I usually get out dirtfishing a few times a month all through the winter here in Mich...just hit the woods w/the heavy leaf cover, ground is usually soft there.

I do also like roll hunting as much as I like detecting, good luck!

I usually get out dirtfishing a few times a month all through the winter here in Mich...just hit the woods w/the heavy leaf cover, ground is usually soft there.

I do also like roll hunting as much as I like detecting, good luck!

Not here. I was in the woods on Sunday, and while I was able to dig, it was starting to freeze. The temps have been down in the single digits a couple times already and hasn't been above freezing in over a week. Planning to go back tomorrow, but once it gets below zero, even the most insulated wooded area will freeze.

Brrrrrr! Ye northern Royal MDers are a much heartier bunch that we of the South! KT spends His Royal Winter Evenings watching the weather forecast for the temps to get into the central 50s before hitting the local totlots! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

More power to you special folks! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

And best of luck on those nickels!:D

Winter box #1 done

Results of the nickels are in.... Nothing Great.

These were actually done on Monday, but I have been way too busy with the holidays to get any pictures done.

No silver and no Buffalos but still a nice haul. Got a record number of 40's and 50's.

20131129_101137~01.jpg

Also grabbed some random halves for when the bag of halves gets close to full at the bank. I'll take these in when the bag gets within $100.

20131126_170437~01.jpg

Good luck this year in your CRH efforts! I'll just stick to the beer part! You got a few good choices there and now I am thirsty!

Good luck this year in your CRH efforts! I'll just stick to the beer part! You got a few good choices there and now I am thirsty!

Had my first Vanilla Porter with you a couple weeks back. Was soo good, had to buy a box for myself. :)

Wow, thats a crazy amount of 40-50s!

Yeah. I have never had that many in one box. Been close, but everytime I get high numbers of oldies, I pull a silver or 2. Maybe a buffalo.. This one was full of oldies but no goodies. I'll keep em though. Approaching $100 in old nickels now.

Back
Top Bottom