That Long Summer Vacay

Numil

Elite Member
The three best reasons to be a teacher are #1 June #2 July and #3 August. Taking my vacationing days one at a time. Today I had a bunch of errands to run so saddled up and brought my detector along for the ride. Between appointments I had 3 hours to kill and decided to kill them on a beach I don't get to very often. This beach gets a lot of tourist traffic and because of that, gets hammered daily by a legion of detectorists. Have no fear, I've watched these guys out there swinging smiles with their coils and damn near running down the beach. Me, I like to swing low and slow.

Hitting the beach the first thing I noted was another guy detecting. No worries as he's a good friend. He was working the knee to waist deep shore break so I decided to hit the wet sand and ankle deep areas. Just looking around it was obvious since the last time I was here that this beach has seen some slumping as the front of the beach had been pulled out into the shore break while the higher back portion of the beach had slumped forward. I was guessing that any targets along the water line would be covered by the sand migrating forward so targets would be deeper than normal. This assessment was found to be true since almost every target I dug was a minimum of 10-12 inches deep.

I was using the CZ-21 and the volume turned up to max along with sensitivity at 9 out of 10. Still, most hits were soft and some just whispers from the sand. Many (most) of the targets were bottle caps. I was hunting in all metal mode so I dig a lot of trash. After more than 2 hours all I had was some junk earrings including a matched set, some New Zealand coins and a about $1.50 in clad and pouch full of trash. Knowing i had to leave soon I was under pressure to find something good.

Been doubting myself lately as good finds have been very few and far between. Heck I've only found 1 ring all year before today and that was more than a month ago. So I kept pluggin away when at the water line I get another whisper from the sand. I start digging and after 3 scoops I finally free what ever it was entombed in the wet sand. Then I see it, laying there in the pile of sand, can it be?? is that yellow shining back at me! I almost break inot a dance. If I had been wearing lip stick I'd have gotten it on both ears. Its not big ring but who cares.... its YELLOW! Turns out to be a small ring for a small finger, 3.7 g and stamped 14K. Pics are below and thanks for looking. Happy Hunting and GL. As for me I'm still hanging in there.

Attachments

• 1Take.jpg
    1Take.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 341
  • 1Ring.jpg
    1Ring.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 282
  • 1Wght.jpg
    1Wght.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 288
  • 1_14K.jpg
    1_14K.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 279
:dingding:Way to complement our crappy educational incomes! :lol:

Thanks but it wasn't me that found the gold! :laughing:

My mistake...sorry about that Felix and of course Numil...let's try that again...Congrats on the gold Numil! I am still asleep from this mornings hunt...I'll come around sooner or later

Congrats on the gold! looks like a nice one. I love hunting behind the speedy smile swingers :yes:

Back
Top Bottom