metaladdict

Elite Member
Just clad...and a dollar coin.:D
About ten pulltabs. With the Ace 250

Attachments

• 20170904_200557.jpg
    20170904_200557.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 297
Stinson looks like a cool beach to detect, has some history there!

Why'd you hit the dry sand v. wet? Totally just curious.

Not a bad clad take. :)

Id take $10 bucks in clad rather than a skunk any day. Not a bad haul. I save up all my clad and use it to buy Silver rounds a couple times a years. Now those are worth something.

There's plenty over here in Australia.

Here's $1000 of $1 & $2 coins I found a while back over a period of about 3 months.

That's because Australians USE them. Over here, they're just curiosities. We're so much a "credit card" society, that many folks don't even carry much cash anymore, let alone a pocket full of change...

Ah, Stinson Beach. Did you ever hear the stories of the finds made there during the 1982-83 El Nino storm erosion ?

Ah, Stinson Beach. Did you ever hear the stories of the finds made there during the 1982-83 El Nino storm erosion ?

No but I was living in that county when the 1982 floods happened and it was great in a sense
for all the old bottles we found due to mud slides!!

I think I hate you Ausies and Canadians who $1 & $2 coins!! ;):p:D

Ron, you're right: Even the LARGEST (effective) USA coin only has .25 value. Hardly worth it, even if you can get 100 in a day. But if you can get 100 that have a value of $1 or $2 each, then ... hmmm , might be worth just angling for clad, eh ?

And in Japan, they have $5 coins. And from what I hear, are carried every-bit as much in people's pockets as we carry quarters here. We're hunting the wrong beaches Ron ! :roll:

No but I was living in that county when the 1982 floods happened and it was great in a sense
for all the old bottles we found due to mud slides!!

One hunter tells me the story of how one zone got so heavy with targets . Bed-rock with rivulets/potholes that trapped targets in a natural riffle-board effect. That they effectively stood in one spot digging till they found themselves several feet deep after an hour. And had to practically climb out of their own holes. Then start caving in and digging left or right to continue.

And then simply get chased out by the incoming tide before ever finishing. Totals of 100+ silver coins, and 12 gold rings in a day.

Oh if I only knew then, what I knew now. But I was young and dumb, and just a distant outside observer.

One hunter tells me the story of how one zone got so heavy with targets . Bed-rock with rivulets/potholes that trapped targets in a natural riffle-board effect. That they effectively stood in one spot digging till they found themselves several feet deep after an hour. And had to practically climb out of their own holes. Then start caving in and digging left or right to continue.

And then simply get chased out by the incoming tide before ever finishing. Totals of 100+ silver coins, and 12 gold rings in a day.

Oh if I only knew then, what I knew now. But I was young and dumb, and just a distant outside observer.

Well hopefully a big storm will come again..soon I hope.:D

Back
Top Bottom