Garrett AT PRO targe ID numbers

jayhawk

I was wondering if anyone has a general rule for what they dig with the AT Pro. Or even better does anyone have a Target ID Number list of what stuff rings in at. Or if everone wants to throw up what they found and what it rang in at it might help us newbies.
thanks
Jay

I have been digging everything over 35 and was thinking its about time i start deciding what to dig and what to leave maybe i should switch over to pro mode and just dig solid hits

I have been digging everything over 35 and was thinking its about time i start deciding what to dig and what to leave maybe i should switch over to pro mode and just dig solid hits

Once you go Pro you will wonder why you did not do it sooner. :D I am not syaing it eleminates having to decide, it just helps alot in what you may want to disciminate as far as to dig or not to dig.

Check out the top of the display. There a lot of target ID information. there is a 1 to 100 scale just above the 20 cursor blocks. Each block corresponds to 5 increments on the scale and also the digital VDI meter. About the only thing that is going to come in at a specific number are the coins. Pull tabs and gold rings vary a lot according to size and type. Check out pages 20 - 21 in the At Pro manual. It is available on Garrett's web site to for downloading.

Jerry

So if I am reading the list of VDI numbers I can assume any number 75 or above would be a coin? Also, this list doesn't really have any relics listed. If you suspected relics and coins in the same area would you need to set the iron discrimination very low to locate Civil War or Revolutionary War buttons, buckles, etc. and dig all targets?
Hopefully I made sense.

Thanks

So if I am reading the list of VDI numbers I can assume any number 75 or above would be a coin? Also, this list doesn't really have any relics listed. If you suspected relics and coins in the same area would you need to set the iron discrimination very low to locate Civil War or Revolutionary War buttons, buckles, etc. and dig all targets?
Hopefully I made sense.

Thanks

Hey dlh, Everything I dug in the post below rang in from around 40 & up to 90.. Just to give you an idea about civil war relics all the buttons were in the 40's & 50's... civil war Bullets mostly 60's & lower 70's.. Hope this helps answer your question some..

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=78270

Yes it does....thanks for your response. So was your iron discrimination set at or below 40 and just dug everything?

Thanks again

oh ....by the way Lightningjack, I got caught up in the numbers thing I forgot.....cool finds.....Is the AT Pro your primary unit now?

Yes it does....thanks for your response. So was your iron discrimination set at or below 40 and just dug everything?

Thanks again

I run mine in pro mode custom, I set my iron disc at 32.. I did several tests before picking this number & I keep it set on this no matter where I hunt.. Most all the relics where mixed in heavily with iron & by sweeping very slowly & listing for a decent signal in at least one direction I was able to pick the good items out, It was common at this site to pull 3-4 nails from the same hole that the target was in.. Don't get me wrong I still dug about 10 bad targets to every 1 good one..Thats just goes along with the hobby.. And yes the At Pro is the only machine I use now..

Thanks alot Lightningjack.....that helps alot. I always have questions and looking for answers...I will be retiring soon and when I get severence I hope to get a Pro.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom