• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Grave yard triditions in the philippines

burial tomb

Some times it is hard for me to explain things. Especialy here in the Philippines. When you go to the grave yard to pay respect. In America you stop by to say hi and leave a few flowers. :yes:

Well, Not in the Philippines. It is a party. :D:D

My wife invited a house full of people for a big meal. This bunch of people like cooking outside. ( see picture ). After there is enough food to feed a small town, Off to the grave yard. It is with in walking distance from our house Everyone caries something. Food, Chairs,, Tables and drinks, hard and soft.
Many of the graves are above ground. You sit up your table and chars .. Put all the food on top of the vault .
Now everyone start having a party. The kids get a lot of soft drinks.
The big people drink other things like beer and whisky. Some of them get a lot drunk . This will go on for a few hours.
Now my wifes parents are happy. Everyone is having a good time.

While we were there , there was another funeral going on across the street from us. I had to take a picture of what the funeral home was caring the casket in. You would think it was the mayor , or some big shot.

I know a few others can jump in here to explain some of the traditions here. A lot different than back home.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

KEN :D

Wonder if Ken sealed up any of the Japanese gold bars he has stashed over there in it ? Should be a fairly safe place to hide his loot.

Back
Top Bottom