Go Pro Cameras

quaidmon

Forum Supporter
I want to get one for when I drive the stockcar but don't want to spend too much. I know they have waterproof models, which would be nice if I get caught in the rain while hiking. My friend got one a few years ago that he could mount on the handlebars of his Harley or on his helmet.
I can really use some information on them, since I know nothing about them.
How long can I record? How durable are they? Do I need special adapters to mount them in my truck, or on a helmet? Do they have a screen so I can see what I am recording?

They used to be the only game in town, but now there are several other offerings out there that offer many of the same features for a much lower price.

I have 3 GoPro cameras and their app used to be great, but a year or so ago they decided to datamine their customers, forcing them to create an account and login just to remotely control the camera. No internet connection, no remote control.

Most all of them will shoot 1080HD, the better ones, including GoPro, will shoot 4K, but be forewarned, it takes a fairly recent computer to edit and playback 4K smoothly.

I bought one a year or so ago to use on my UTV. I bought it off Amazon and can't remember the brand name off the top of my head. Might have been Akai or something like that. It was around $80-$90 and it comes with several different types of mounts.

I have one that is several years old. Unless something changed the cameras themselves are not waterproof, they have a water proof case. Again the newest models might be waterproof. Different size memory cards will get you different recording times. Also I think mine has a "loop feature" but I have never used it. Lets say you are driving on a long trip and want it for a dash cam in case of a crash or something. It will record until full then start back over and record over itself. If something happens that you want to capture then you just stop the recording. If not just let it keep looping over itself.

Get youself an SJCAM, several models to choose from, cost A LOT less than a GoPro and do the same thing.

You might also look at the Activeon CX. I've got one and have had lots of fun with it. Plus it cost less and uses all the GoPro accessories.

I believe that the Kodak Play sport is waterproof and are priced reasonably

Back
Top Bottom