Any Deeptech Users On This Forum

beephead

Elite Member
I just got a Deeptech Warrior, any tips and tricks you'd like to share would be appreciated. I'm also thinking about getting a Smart Plus.

beephead

I would be interested in hearing how it does in a typical trashy North American park. The Deeptech machines look interesting but the limited disc concerns me for the type of places I hunt.

I would be interested in hearing how it does in a typical trashy North American park. The Deeptech machines look interesting but the limited disc concerns me for the type of places I hunt.

It's no different to me than using my Tesoro detectors because I normally run my discrimination on them just high enough to discriminate out nails. Sometimes I'd run the discrimination high enough to discriminate out foil caps. The Warrior's discrimination will do that and a little more. If you're a gold ring hunter you wouldn't want to go any higher on the discrimination.

The Warrior will amaze you on how well it will unmask targets in a bed of nails when the discrimination is set just high enough to disc out nails. It's does it better than the Deus or any other detector that I've used. It's bringing pounded hard hit sites back to life.

beephead

I just got a Deeptech Warrior, any tips and tricks you'd like to share would be appreciated. I'm also thinking about getting a Smart Plus.

beephead

I have the Warrior, I have only tested it in my test garden. I will try it out tonight. It seems pretty straight forward, if you can run a Tesoro should not be a problem. Do you have a super six coil for it?

I have the Warrior, I have only tested it in my test garden. I will try it out tonight. It seems pretty straight forward, if you can run a Tesoro should not be a problem. Do you have a super six coil for it?

Yeah, I've have the Super Six and LOVE it! The Warrior is something like the Tesoro detectors, but not quite. On the Warrior almost everything above iron sounds like a good target. I've learned that the audio sounds better when I use my Deus Backphones. Also I've learned to back off the throttle some. lol

beephead

Yeah, I've have the Super Six and LOVE it! The Warrior is something like the Tesoro detectors, but not quite. On the Warrior almost everything above iron sounds like a good target. I've learned that the audio sounds better when I use my Deus Backphones. Also I've learned to back off the throttle some. lol

beephead

Yes, there is plenty of throttle:lol:

I hoping that someone who has used both the Warrior and the Smart Plus would chime in. I'm curious to know if the Smart Plus's audio response to high conductors is a little stronger (louder) than the Warrior's response since its kHz is somewhat lower. The Warrior hits nickels and gold jewelry super hard and it does a great job at unmasking non-ferrous targets in a bed of nails, but it doesn't give a very loud audio response volume on a silver dime. It will hit really deep silver but its audio volume is low.

beephead

I hoping that someone who has used both the Warrior and the Smart Plus would chime in. I'm curious to know if the Smart Plus's audio response to high conductors is a little stronger (louder) than the Warrior's response since its kHz is somewhat lower. The Warrior hits nickels and gold jewelry super hard and it does a great job at unmasking non-ferrous targets in a bed of nails, but it doesn't give a very loud audio response volume on a silver dime. It will hit really deep silver but its audio volume is low.

beephead

What settings were you using when you tested? I just tested mine and the audio response was proportional to the size of the target(silver dime)vs the depth in an air test. I had my setup to the recommended setting/ non boost and two tone.

What settings were you using when you tested? I just tested mine and the audio response was proportional to the size of the target(silver dime)vs the depth in an air test. I had my setup to the recommended setting/ non boost and two tone.
What I'm saying is, a quarter doesn't hit nearly as loudly as a nickel or pull does at any given distance. High conductors give a much softer weaker audio response than low conductors do. There's no getting around that, regardless of what settings I try and I've tried a bunch. It loves gold rings better than it does silver coins! That's a great thing if you're relic or gold jewelry hunter. Now it will hit deep silver, BUT you have to listen carefully.

beephead

What I'm saying is, a quarter doesn't hit nearly as loudly as a nickel or pull does at any given distance. High conductors give a much softer weaker audio response than low conductors do. There's no getting around that, regardless of what settings I try and I've tried a bunch. It loves gold rings better than it does silver coins! That's a great thing if you're relic or gold jewelry hunter. Now it will hit deep silver, BUT you have to listen carefully.

beephead

Gotcha, After further testing on gold and silver items, same high tone but a softer pitch. Even with different sized rings the pitch changed. Even tried a bracelet, it was a mixed high/low tone. Thanks for explaining:wow:

Back
Top Bottom