• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

is the discount on the BH3300 still going on?

DJS

I'm looking for a detector for my son, he's developing a pretty good interest and has been sneaking mine out in the yard quite a bit lately, I've also been taking him with me once in a while when I go out, usually hes pretty content with digging whatever I hit on but tonight when I took him to the beach I've been working he somehow phased from digging holes to running the machine and I went from running the machine to digging holes and I'm still not sure how that worked out... :?:

he found some coins and a few other things and really had a good time, he wants one now and said next time we go out he'll use my old bounty hunter, but I dont want him using that, its audio only, somewhat hard to use and is really kind of a piece of junk... and I really dont want to give mine up when I'm trying to get things done either, so I think its time for his own...

he wants one with a display and pinpoint, I want one thats going to work good for him but I dont really want to spend alot on one at this point until I'm sure he's going to hang with it so I think the 3300 would be ideal for him if I can still find one at the discount price

I dont have a Radio Shack here, the nearest one is about an hour away(if its still even there), I have a list of a few places to call(which I'm going to do tomorrow) but none of them have a webpage so I'm stuck making phone calls(which isnt so bad I guess)

but if its still avalible I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere I could still find one at that discount price, either an online link or a phone # would be cool...

thanks...

I bought a BH3300 about two months ago, from the local Radio Shack at the sale price of $110. They did have to order it. As recently as two weeks ago they were still able to order one. That price doesn't seem to apply to on-line catalogue purchase, so you would have to try your nearest R.S. You might try a pawn shop, if there is one near you, MD's often show up there. I honestly believe the ACE 250 would be a better buy for an additional $100. They are readily available and would be a good machine for you or your son, and have a good resale value.

I was told by the dealer at radio shack he could not get any more 3300 metal detectors. You might talk to tony here. He could probably fix you up. I have heard alot of good things about the ace 250 and tony as well.

Up here where I detect, it was easy for me to find a 3300 because no one else seems to detect. So after reading all the hype about the machine I went and bought one. Around $100, in my opinion that was $99.99 too much for it. It was the worst detector I have ever used, took it back faster than I went and got it. Not putting it down because I might of got a dud. But I would definitely get either a Garrett Ace 250 or a White's Prizm II. Both great machines that your son can use for along time and find lots of goodies. I personally like the Prizm II ($200.00 new) because - quality built/batteries last along time/accurate target id/very,very,very good pinpointing/light weight/2 year warranty. I realize it is $100 more but it is well worth it if you can afford it. Glad you got your son detecting with you- my wife & my daughter detects with me. A great family hobby. Steve (upstate New York).

Back
Top Bottom