Threshold for digging

Zagmann

I get so many ranges of sounds and numbers on the screen. (AT Pro user). I'm never sure when I should be digging. Do you dig based on a steady #, say 40 and up? What do you think? I feel like I skip over so much stuff just looking at the high numbers. But I don't want to waste time digging up 100 nails! What is your # that you start digging at-- or am I going about this wrong?

well if your a newbie to this then make sure you get a good clean sound, in both directions left to right and swinging north/south then East/west like your Xing the target then look at the numbers are they staying consistent 1 or 2 numbers or is it jumping all over the place. Its still no guarantee but it will increase you odds your digging a coin. If the numbers are jumping all over the place then its most likely junk for sure.

If your new to this sport and you are a little frustrated turn up your discrimination to get rid of everything up to zinc pennies then just hunt for everything above that ,and maybe turn down the sensitivity a little to make your detector more stable.

Well I too am new to this. But I dig everything right now because you will never learn what the different things your detector do if you dont first hand dig some trash and see for yourself what is making that noise or number. You are going to have to dig some trash at first to learn the language. Just my 2cents on this. Im not afraid to dig some trash because I know I'm learning.

Well I too am new to this. But I dig everything right now because you will never learn what the different things your detector do if you dont first hand dig some trash and see for yourself what is making that noise or number. You are going to have to dig some trash at first to learn the language. Just my 2cents on this. Im not afraid to dig some trash because I know I'm learning.
This is the true way to learn what to dig and what not to. Granted this stinks but it is the way it has always been.

Back
Top Bottom