help w explorer se pro

skeeterbait

Elite Member
just bought a used explorer got bout 18-20 hrs on it coming from a ace250, im wondering if anyone here using anything besides the stock coin program and what settings they use any help would greatly be appreciated thanks again

I recently bought Andy Sabisch's Minelab book. I haven't read the whole thing, but so far the best tip has been to change the "Deep" setting to on. By default it is set to off. This should give you a better chance of seeing those smaller deep coins.
But all veteran Explorer SE users seem to say not to change too much too soon.
Also take it nice and slow and trust the sound over the display.

I dont have an Explorer but I do have an E-Trac which is similar.

You can start off with the stock coin program but it is only going to find shallow coins in clean soil. Essentially its only good for perfect conditions.

I found coins would ring up deep in the iron range which the stock coin program would discriminate out.

Play around with the settings and do lots of air tests to see how it responds to different objects.

I would run with DEEP:ON, FAST:OFF, TRASH:HIGH, GROUND:DIFFICULT.
For Audio I run Normal, Multi, Cond. tones. All the threshold, variability almost wide open. Run Auto Sensitivity till you can tell when the machine falses in Manual Sensitivity.

To start out with, try running in Iron Mask set @ 16, Sensitivity @ 26 Semi-Auto, Deep on, Fast off, Gain @ 6, Variability @ 10. And hunt in SmartFind. Learn to listen and watch the crosshair/cursor.

You won't be bothered with rusty crown caps, but you will quickly learn what aluminum screw caps and some pulltabs sound like.

It the trash level is too high, the stock coin program will provide enough additional disc to make it more tolerable w/o missing too much.

Back
Top Bottom