Storage Wars Casting Call

gtoast99

Forum Supporter
Hey all!
Dunno how many this applies to, but I thought I'd post it here anyways. Metal Flowers Media is currently casting for storage auction buyers in Los Angeles and NY. You can contact [email protected] or apply here (select "Storage Wars" from the drop down). Happy treasure hunting, where ever that treasure may be ;)

Yeah that shows cool. Too bad they come out with all different shows like it. Now they have Auction Hunters. Both shows are good though.

Also with the Pawn Shop shows there is at least 3 now-Pawn Stars, Pawn Queens and Hardcore Pawn.

The shows are good but they are all set up! Its not real! I deal with a storage company here in Florida on a weekly basis and he tells me they have auctions every Saturday. There was a guy working there that said he was on a few sets from the show and heard/seen them filling the storages up with the goodies before the show. I guess they have to make the show look good. ( I mean would YOU guys leave something valuable in a storage and just forget about it??) I know I wouldn't! But still a cool show.

reminds we had a storage sell here. I was going to check it out. But it rained all day so I didn't go. It was still going when I went that way. I wonder what they would to a person with a camera there? Video it of coarse.

Wife's cousin in OKC has been going to storage auctions for years. He said the TV show has just about ruined it for him making decent money. Now people show up thinking they can make thousands of profit, so they drive the bid way up. He said that over 90% of what is in the units ends up at the dump or donated to Good Will.

Just saw pawn queens. Its not a bad show. The stuff they have reminds me of the pawn store I go to sometimes. Not like pawn stars. They seem to get the high end stuff. And they get. As much as I saw. low end stuff. And they to many guitars. :lol:

Luckily where I live not many people hit the auctions. usually on 4-5 people when we go. My friend owns over 400 units and he has auctions quite a bit. We show up for the auction and while the other people are getting free coffee and donuts that he provides, we beeline everything worth making money on and pile it up.

This has led to word of mouth business (small town..10k ppl in 15sq mile area) so now we get to liquidate coin collections, rare books and anything else that'll sell for them.

our operation is way too small for that show..

Ha they just posted a picture on the Storage Wars facebook and it so looks staged so I mentioned what the other poster here said. I got told to hush up lol. So defensive over a TV show.

Pawn Queens... worst show ever! and trying to copy some of what Pawn Star Rick's one-liners is just sad, because you know it's not a natural response, and you can hear it in her voice.

Now here's the kicker. They bought some old fridge for cheap, put a few grand into it, and made a very good profit, at least that's how the show played out. Then at the end when they showed their results they said something like.... bought the fridge for $80... put $3,500 into it, and sold for 8k... and contacted the original seller and paid him a $1,500 share of the profit. LOL Now that my friends is definitely the TV world and not the pawn business, or any other dealer for antiques on the planet. What a joke!

Back
Top Bottom