2nd trip out to the wilds of the backyard...

Bavoo

After a long day at work, I decided to swing my new Ace 250 in the yard.

It's only my second time out - still trying to learn, learn, learn....

I was getting a lot of stray signals so, for the first time, I lowered the sensitivity down another notch.

A few digs later:
image1.jpg

My first coins! They're really dirty, but they obviously aren't old. I also found some kind of mini-fan and an unidentifiable piece of metal.

Does the damage to the coins indicate a mineral rich soil? When in all metal mode and two ticks off of full sensitivity, the thing rings like crazy.

Thanks for the help....as always...and thanks for looking!

Interesting quarters, Never seen them where just the edges are damaged, usually it's around the whole thing.

Nice finds, you're getting the hang of it. I find I get a lot of chatter in all metal mode in both of my detectors, but then again, I hunt areas that have lots of old nails and other relics.

Interesting quarters, Never seen them where just the edges are damaged, usually it's around the whole thing.

Nice finds, you're getting the hang of it. I find I get a lot of chatter in all metal mode in both of my detectors, but then again, I hunt areas that have lots of old nails and other relics.

It's funny you mention that about the quarters...I was wondering the same thing...especially when you look at what remains of that "penny". Hell, I think it's a penny. :laughing:

That's why I was wondering about the soil and the weird signals from my 250. It only remains "calm" in coin mode and 3 ticks off of full sensitivity.

Back
Top Bottom