Key Shaped with Horses ???

Ya Dig?

I found this thing over the weekend in a city park here in Eugene. I have no idea what it is! It is pretty heavy, I think it's lead. It's shaped sort of like a key and it has two decorative horse heads on top. I would love to know what it is if anyone can help me out! Nearby I found a makeup compact that I was able to date to around the 1930's or so. Any ideas?

6999125901_21115c24a6_z.jpg

6999126065_36c5e546f4_z.jpg

At the end of the shaft does it look as though thier may have been a square? If so this may be a pocket watch winder. Just a guess but I collect those and have seen them made in many differant styles. WOLF

The end of it doesn't look like it may have been a square. It's rounded and blunt, but I'm not sure if that just might be weathering? Are pocket watch winders usually pretty heavy? Have you ever seen any made out of lead?

The end of it doesn't look like it may have been a square. It's rounded and blunt, but I'm not sure if that just might be weathering? Are pocket watch winders usually pretty heavy? Have you ever seen any made out of lead?

Cannot say that I have seen one made of lead yet. But it is the correct size and looks like it may have been gilted at one time maybe to fool someone into thinking they were getting a gold key. Or it is a perfume bottle stopper as mentioned above. WOLF

Back
Top Bottom